It must be summer...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Because the car boot sale was on today! Freezing cold, but sunny and slim pickings, but still good news!

Just a saw today, 14 inch tenon with Lynx trademark and local interest, I assume from a retailer 'Potts of Liverpool', haven't looked it up yet.

003-13_zpsa99f6c54.jpg

004-11_zps10a46bed.jpg

A bit of a basket case, it will come up ok, but for £2 it's a start!

I was thinking of going, but it was far to warm in bed to venture out.

Thet looks like a nice saw.

Pete

Hi, Scouse

So have the back off it and do a Bill Carter.

Use the plate for scrapers.

Pete

Racers":2ffa0tdf said:
Hi, Scouse

So have the back off it and do a Bill Carter.

Use the plate for scrapers.

Pete

Go on, Scouse, you know you need something to keep you busy for the next few Sunday mornings when the blizzards return!
I have mixed feelings about recycling old tools but that saw doesn't look like a user, and Bill's planes do look lovely!

(And with step by step instructions on his website, there's no excuse...

To be honest, it was bought with that in mind! It really isn't salvageable, which is a shame; if it was it would be put back to work, but I've been reading and re-reading Bill's site in the last few weeks, and love the idea of those little mitre planes.

I was going to email Bill this week, as a courtesy to make sure he doesn't mind and to check I'm not treading on any IP issues or registered designs. I don't think I will be, but it's worth an email out of respect, and I have plenty of that for his work.

I suppose you want a WIP as well? :roll: :lol:

El.

I'm sure Bill won't mind - he sells a CD with even more step by step details on, and an early issue of British Woodworking showed a lot of his techniques too. I don't think he'll lend you his namestamp though... ;-)

And yes please to the WIP!

Hi, Chaps

I have a saw lined up for one too.

Pete

Richard T":27njsmr8 said:
Hooray!!

\:D/

Don't get your hopes up! Speaking for myself, if that 'Hooray' is for an exciting new WIP thread to read, then you'll be ok. If, however, you seek an insightful lesson in quality metalwork, together with a treatise on infill plane construction you may find a small pang of disappointment entering your consciousness!

Still the handle's off it and I took a picture, so that's a start. (hammer)

yup Ellis, that horrayy was for the first one (and Pete's)

I'm currently struggling myself with box mitre planes. How much space to leave in the middle is quite a poser. :?

Go for it mate!

Bill's techniques are a gem of information and I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job!

Looking forward to the WIP...you're committed now! :mrgreen:

Jim

Back