It fell of the back of a lorry.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

You often hear stories about parcels both large and small getting damaged during the delivery process, today I was expecting one of Bambi's silent running compressors for a review.

The delivery arrived, the driver opened the back doors of the lorry and looked a bit baffled, he mumbled a bit and said the compressor wasn't there. He explained he'd hit a speed bump, the inside of the lorry looked like he'd tried to jump a row of double decker busses, parcels everywhere. He thought a bit, said he'd be back in about 5 minutes and drove off.

He came back about 15 minutes later, opened the back up again and the compressor was there now, on inspection the outer corrugated packaging was wet through, the pallet supporting the compressor was smashed in a number of place and on opening the box there was bits of plastic scattered around the bottom of the package. Naturally I refused the delivery.

I think that when he hit the speed bumps one of the doors opened and being the next item for delivery the compressor was at the back of the lorry. I'm guessing it fell out and the driver wasn't aware of it, he just closed the doors and drove on.

Regards....Mike

I had an embarassed driver turn up the other day. "Careful" he said, their might be paint on that. I did a quick check of the parcel (all ok). "whats the problem" I asked...."a 5 litre tub of paint just fell off the top shelf, hit the floor and expolded" he said. Everything in the entire van was covered apparently, well... everything except my one parcel!

Adam

A few years back I was travelling along Waterloo way in leicester, from the railway station toward the rugby ground, and at each set of traffic lights there was a pile of mince pies. I was completely baffled. Until I reached the rugby ground to find a truck with its trailer doors open and the driver looking inside scratching his head.

Who ate all the pies ????

Bean

Some years ago I had delivery of a computer from Time and the driver brought in the parcels (they were large in those days) and he then went back to get the paper work out of the front of his cab, He must have placed his driving keys on the seat whilst looking fthrough the papers, he came back to me to get signatures etc. and left my premises. Some few minutes later he returned and asked if he had left his van keys in my house. We couldn't find them. We searched his van. We started undoing loosely packed cartoons in the van in case the keys had dropped in a parcel. he searched the front cab again. He telephoned a locksmith for replacement keys. Before the locksmith arrived we eventually found the keys had dropped between the front seats and lodged in an almost inaccessible place just before the locksmith arrived. Around 3 hours. That driver had a bad day.

You know what a delivery driver's worst nightmare is ......

Houses with a name rather then a number

Try finding that a night :p :p

I was driving down the M1 a few years ago and there was a brand new car parked in the inside lane - no driver, no passengers. About a mile further on, there was a car transporter sitting on the hard shoulder with one space at the back! I reckon he wished he was delivering mince pies.

Roy

Mcluma":208g71z6 said:

The new postmen haven't a clue either with house names

seen very similar to ROY. car on side of road then car transporter further up road with driver looking puzzled. :)

Mcluma":12hw8q06 said:

Add to that 30 yards off an unlit side road behind a row of hedges and with multimap showing the postcode as being half a mile down the road and you get our house lol :D

Kane

Beat this one then.
The very eldery lady meets me on the roadside by a moor (Dartmoor) ,and I transfer to her car (an old mini) and we drive across the moor and the car keeps bottoming because of my extra weight and samples I was carrying.

Got the order, although I did have to suffer a cup of tea from a vacumn flask because she only made tea once a day. (There was no running water so I expect she had to go a distance to get the liquid).

Got some more stories I can recall :)

Back