Is this worth anything to anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamied

Established Member
Reaction score

Found this amongst a bundle of tools I acquired whist picking up a bandsaw this morning.
It's a record.
I'm assuming it's for curved work.
20190203_140104.jpg

Is it worth anything towards my diesel costs, or destined for my workshop wall shelves to make me look like a better skilled craftsmen than what I really am!

Attachments

• 20190203_140104.jpg
    20190203_140104.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 695
It's a Record no 20C, it's a later model of the no 20 but still works the same. Great tool if you're doing curved work and I still use one for making exact curved templates in MDF for the spindle moulder to follow, there really isn't a better tool for the job.

They're definitely one of the more expensive planes to buy so it's not a bad one to pick up for not much!

I was going to say, Further to Trevanion's advice, search for compass planes. Quite often go for a good price of £60+ notes odd depending in my limited experience. Never actually used one.
Thought I'd help out and get you a link of current ebay sales. I'm not busy.
Scroll down and lo and behold.... Oh that's a familiar picture.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Record-Compa ... 3115671938

What? This one listed on Ebay?

Product details listed as:
Record Compass Hand Plane. Condition is used.
Model 020
Collection only please
Cash on collection please.

I looked at the time you posted on here... Maybe he's just listed it...
Doesn't seem to add up, maybe I'm wrong.

What's the game here then?

Nice find. Brilliant tool that I would not be without.

Bm101":18g6il16 said:
I looked at the time you posted on here... Maybe he's just listed it...
Doesn't seem to add up, maybe I'm wrong.

What's the game here then?

Obviously saw it was worth a couple of bob and decided to lump it on eBay. Had I known that fact, I would've told it to clean it first with a bit of brake cleaner to get the grime off and he'd get a bit more for it.

Fair play. When you click on bids you can see i the time posted if you work backwards from the finish time. Was very close to casting aspersions.
My bad. Apologies but it didn't seem to add up at first. And it's the internet. Better safe than sorry.
Will humbly but not embarrassingly wind ma neck in. :D

No big conspiracy, stuck watching a 4 hour dance festival that my own girls were in for a twenty minute slot.
So I was playing on my phone.
I asked advice on here .
I then got earache from my mrs for buying another machine.
So to justify my purchase I listed on eBay some of the surplus items to raise some cash.
I'm not scared of her, honest!

Back