Is it me or

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ByronBlack":2xh3m1jl said:
Are you determined to start an argument over anything?

There you go again. I didn't understand the remark, I asked for clarification, you gave it. Perhaps you can further explain what you mean by 'start an argument over anything'? as I don't get that either, what do you mean by anything?

Actually, don't bother yourself. It's clear to me who is wanting an argument and I'm not going down that road.

big soft moose":2mvacj8r said:
a beautiful sunny saturday to such pursuits when you could otherwise be in the 'shop, down the pub, or otherwise actually having a life is stunning.

Actually Mr Moooooooose, I strated working in the gridge at 4am, just having a well earned Coffee break.

big soft moose":3c3euiij said:
studders":3c3euiij said:
ByronBlack":3c3euiij said:
This what Zilch-Wedlock me off with this forum, things are taken out of context and issues are created out of nothing.

Err... Hello Pot.

Perhaps it is you that needs to re-read your message, you might agree that it could come across as very negative.
Then again, you might be right and I've misinterpreted its meaning.

after it was noted that it was much quiter here without all the pointless bickering and backbiting, I must say that I am in awe of the selfless dedication you two are putting into livening up that aspect of the boards once more

and the sacrifice you are bith making in devoting a beautiful sunny saturday to such pursuits when you could otherwise be in the 'shop, down the pub, or otherwise actually having a life is stunning.

And this concerns you how Moose, if its such a wonderful day, and if we should have a life, why are you taking the time to get involved?

Like I've said before, and will say again. My post was in response to a question, then followed a disection and criticism, I'm just defending myself.

ByronBlack":27xyfm3n said:
Mike.C":27xyfm3n said:
matt":27xyfm3n said:
I think some members have found what they've been looking for over at Wood Haven. I swung by and observed for a bit and it does seem exceptionally pleasant (almost surreal). Between the three forums I think everyone's personality is serviced - hence a possible decrease in volume of posting here (although I think it's gone up) but an increase in quality* and on-topic posts.

I think it's a fairly normal human reaction and I'm glad Wizer set up his new forum. It's preserved (allowed a return to) this forum's original identity.

Everyone's a winner!

* I'm not saying the posts of those departed to other forums were of a lesser quality, merely that there is no longer a load of posts where persoanalities and expectations of the forum and it's management prevailed (I.e. Everyone's contribution degraded The forum as a whole.)

Couldn't agree with you more Matt. But I also think that part of it is down to Noel and Charley showing us all that the management do care about the forum and it's members, and along with the survey that they are taking notice of what sort of forum we want.

Cheers

Mike

I disagree, I've personally posted less because of the bickering and the lack of management. Despite the post and the survey, nothing has changed - yet, if and when it does, i may take more of an active role (whether anyone likes it or not) in the forum, but as it stands, this forum still has the same problems - even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

I've no doubt there are individuals who have posted less, and perhaps that it because this forum does not offer what they're looking for - hence my comment about Wizer's forum being a good thing for this one. My point and I assume the point that everyone else seems to be supporting is that generally speaking the forum is a better place since the migration of some to Wizer's forum.

matt":q958xqzb said:
ByronBlack":q958xqzb said:
Mike.C":q958xqzb said:
matt":q958xqzb said:
I think some members have found what they've been looking for over at Wood Haven. I swung by and observed for a bit and it does seem exceptionally pleasant (almost surreal). Between the three forums I think everyone's personality is serviced - hence a possible decrease in volume of posting here (although I think it's gone up) but an increase in quality* and on-topic posts.

I think it's a fairly normal human reaction and I'm glad Wizer set up his new forum. It's preserved (allowed a return to) this forum's original identity.

Everyone's a winner!

* I'm not saying the posts of those departed to other forums were of a lesser quality, merely that there is no longer a load of posts where persoanalities and expectations of the forum and it's management prevailed (I.e. Everyone's contribution degraded The forum as a whole.)

Couldn't agree with you more Matt. But I also think that part of it is down to Noel and Charley showing us all that the management do care about the forum and it's members, and along with the survey that they are taking notice of what sort of forum we want.

Cheers

Mike

I disagree, I've personally posted less because of the bickering and the lack of management. Despite the post and the survey, nothing has changed - yet, if and when it does, i may take more of an active role (whether anyone likes it or not) in the forum, but as it stands, this forum still has the same problems - even our moderator has taken to duplicating and spamming posts in multiple threads.

I've no doubt there are individuals who have posted less, and perhaps that it because this forum does not offer what they're looking for - hence my comment about Wizer's forum being a good thing for this one. My point and I assume the point that everyone else seems to be supporting is that generally speaking the forum is a better place since the migration of some to Wizer's forum.

Matt, I honestly can't see that as a reason, the members that have gone to Tom's also still post here, the actual number of migration is very small, less than 5% of UKW.

The arguing/bickering has stopped in a small instance, but those members are still here and still posting. The 'future' thread is IMO more of a dictation to the current state of the forum than any migration.

That and the lower number of posts overall is a contributary factor.

I'm starting to see a trend in positioning TWH and its members as a scapegoat for this forums previous problems, which is a shame.

Colin what the hell is up with you today? Just calm down and read the posts again and you will see that no one is having a go at you.

Cheers

Mike

ByronBlack":1nal8ixr said:
big soft moose":1nal8ixr said:
studders":1nal8ixr said:
ByronBlack":1nal8ixr said:
This what Zilch-Wedlock me off with this forum, things are taken out of context and issues are created out of nothing.

Err... Hello Pot.

Perhaps it is you that needs to re-read your message, you might agree that it could come across as very negative.

after it was noted that it was much quiter here without all the pointless bickering and backbiting, I must say that I am in awe of the selfless dedication you two are putting into livening up that aspect of the boards once more

and the sacrifice you are bith making in devoting a beautiful sunny saturday to such pursuits when you could otherwise be in the 'shop, down the pub, or otherwise actually having a life is stunning.

And this concerns you how Moose, if its such a wonderful day, and if we should have a life, why are you taking the time to get involved?

Like I've said before, and will say again. My post was in response to a question, then followed a disection and criticism, I'm just defending myself.

You really need to chill out, maybe take some herbal tea, practice some yoga. I am not having a pop at you personally, merely commenting on the irony that shortly after someone says we now have far less bickering on the forum that this flare up between you and studders occurs essentially about pipper all. (you two appears to be arguing about who it is who wants an argument :duno: ) maybe both of you could take a step back, a deep breath and go and plane the rubbish out of something rather than taking lumps out of each other, and bystanders, for no reason

big soft moose":2yxly853 said:
ByronBlack":2yxly853 said:
big soft moose":2yxly853 said:
studders":2yxly853 said:
ByronBlack":2yxly853 said:

Err... Hello Pot.

You really need to chill out colin, maybe take some herbal tea, practice some yoga. I am not having a pop at you personally, merely commenting on the irony that shortly after someone says we now have far less bickering on the forum that this flare up between you and studders occurs essentially about pipper all

Moose - I decline your offer of 'advice'.

matt":31pm13kv said:
My point and I assume the point that everyone else seems to be supporting is that generally speaking the forum is a better place since the migration of some to Wizer's forum.

Personally i'd say that this forum is a better place since the departure of some of the mod team (not just those that went to TWH) allowed for a fresh start, and acted as a wake up call to admin that some change is needed here.

ByronBlack":21oxd10u said:

okay - thats fine by me too , if you would rather not chill out but instead go on getting more and more heated about trivia and frankly making a fool of yourself then fine thats your perrogative

studders":27g36wlh said:
big soft moose":27g36wlh said:
be arguing about who it is who wants an argument

No I wasn't.

Is that my cue to say "yes you were" :lol:

then we can have an argument, about whether you were having an argument about who wanted an argument #-o ](*,)

big soft moose":3ev8m8nm said:
ByronBlack":3ev8m8nm said:

okay - thats fine by me too , if you would rather not chill out but instead go on getting more and more heated about trivia and frankly making a fool of yourself then fine thats your perrogative

first of all, don't be so arrogant as to know how I am feeling, and secondly stop inciting more illl feeling with insults, if you don't agree with my points, that's fine, but don't get personal, you are not the person to accuse others of making a fool of themselves.

That is my final contribution, I'll let you all get back to it, apologies for the direction of this thread.

Interesting thread......if disappointing. Good thing I'm not a cynical sort of bloke..............

Stats are actually up recently, many comments received that the forum is in good shape, report button files zero and plenty of activity on the various boards.
I suppose some might take a Mandy Rice-Davis view on the above sentence....

matt":1k0djhck said:
ByronBlack":1k0djhck said:
The arguing/bickering has stopped in a small instance, but those members are still here and still posting.

Do you mean those who you perceive to be the problem with this forum?

I didn't want to continue with this thread, but as you asked a direct question, i'll answer it;

Basically yes. There has been no real loss of members since TWH has been setup, most of the members there still post here, as do most of the members at the other place, the ones who I perceive to be part (not the whole) of the problem are still active members here, therefore the migration isn't the reason behind the easing of the hassles on this website, but in fact the removal of the previous mod team and the futures thread and survey IMO

Also let me address the other posts, first of Barkwind you claim that I am always close by when there is trouble, that is nonsense, you have proven yourself lately to be a troll and a wind-up merchant. Please show me what YOU contribute to this forum other than trying to incite others?

Matty, glad this thread makes you laugh.

To sum up, I feel that my comments were taken out of context and mis-read. In no way did my comments suggest that the changes should be made straight away, or that I'm not giving Noel/Charley time, I was simply stating that it was because there so far hasn't been a change, I personally haven't posted as much.

I apologise if I have seemed overly staunch in my defence, but its frustrating when I explain myself a number of times, and yet the message doesn't get through.

Then you get people like Moose, Barkwind and now Matty jumping into a thread and stirring it, that is what I get frustrated with.

Noel, I am genuinely happy that you feel the forum is improving, I hope it continues that way. I haven't invested 4k posts to a forum that I completely dislike and hope that it serves its members well into the future.

FWIW - I realise that members post on both forums (therefore no net loss here). However, I think TWH affords them an indifference to this forum apparent in posts or lack of.

Nevertheless, it does simply boil down to a difference of observation and opinion.

Latest posts

Back