Is it just me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pswallace":1wwz0f7w said:
'Just thought i'd say,for anyone out there who likes the lighter weight drill/drivers the 'Bosch' 10.8v li-ion are hard to beat! Phil

I like my 10.8v Bosch, but not quite as much as phil :D

i use the 18v lxt li-ion & the batteries i find are excellent, i can go months at a time without using them & they will hold full charge no problem. on the other side of the coin a couple of mates who use them daily like them with their speedy 22min charge time & its fairly unlikely even with only 2 batts they'll be waiting about for recharging. apparently the biggest cause of the chuck breaking is being over zealous with the tightening, only needs to be hand tight a few clicks rather than tightening by trigger on full speed & swinging on the chuck (so the repair man told me after the event - oops). i see they're bring out a new lxt planer soon so i better get emptying the penny jar!!!

pswallace":3eq00k48 said:
Sorry about the multiple posts folks,I think my 3 year old gremlin/niece has been engaging in her computer studies again!....

That old story, eh? :wink: :lol:

I have a Makita 14v that came with 2 x 1.3a red batteries and a charger.

After many years of good service, the chuck gave up the ghost the other day.

D and M are doing a Makita package for £200 ish, with a driver, drill driver, impact driver, 3 red batteries and a charger.

Should keep a DIYer going for a bit???????????????

Well I will NOT be buying them again! I charged two batteries up yesterday before leaving work and when I got on site this morning both of them were flat! I have gone back to my old 9.6V Makita that I charged last month and is still full. I shall use this until I have enough funds to maybe buy one of the makita Li Ion's in the future. I also notice they have a chuck on them that is more like the De Walt one that locks.

Latest posts

Back