Irish Woodworking retailers (Wood, Tools & Hardware)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
As I see more and more Irish users on this forum I decided to collect relevant information for us. I am sure every one in Ireland will find nothing is available online and just finding a supplier for Tools, Machinery, Hardwood, Sheet wood and hardware is very difficult.

I would like to build up a list of retailers across the country to help each other find what we need.

Let me start with a few retailers I have dealt with.
Please add all and every relevant retailer you know in your area.

The Carpentry Store
Unit D4, M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Kildare.
Phone: + 353 45 883088 | Fax: + 353 45 883188 | Email: [email protected]
http://www.thecarpentrystore.com
Retailer of:
- All sheet wood, including veneered MDF and coloured MDF.
- Hardwood on demand (not available to view in store)
- Hardware
- Power tools (Bosh range mainly)
- Hand carpentry tools

Tool-Equip
Unit D1A, Southern Link Business Park, Naas, Co. Kildare
Telephone: +353 (0)45 875556 | Fax: +353 (0)45 875907 | Email: [email protected]
http://www.toolequip.ie
Retailer of:
- All power tools
- All hand tools
- Festool agent

McQuillans
34-36 Capel Street, Dublin 1.
Phone: (01) 8733944
Retailer of:
- All power tools
- All hand tools
- Machinery

McQuillans
U 10 Westend Retail park, Blanchardstown S.C., Dublin 15
Phone: (01) 8025100
Retailer of:
- All power tools
- All hand tools
- Machinery

This should get us started. If we can just add to this list every time we find another good retailer we'll build a nice reference list. :D

Caulfield Industrial
Tuam Road,
Galway
Tel: 091 795000 | Fax: 091 795055 | email: [email protected]
www.caulfieldindustrial.com
Industrial supply company, stocks brands including Makita, Scheppach, Bessey, SIP (I think) and the nasty yellow brand. Actually have online ordering!

Tripart Ltd.
Tuam Road,
Galway
Tel: 091 755325
Woodworking supplies. Scheppach, Hitachi, Trend etc. Also listed as a Veritas & Tormek dealer on Brimarc's website, although don't expect to walk in and pick up your LA Jack from stock :roll:

Joe McKenna
54-56 Parnell St,
Limerick
Tel: 061 413888 | Fax: 061 417500 | email: [email protected]
www.joemckenna.ie
I haven't been here but it looks quite good. Toolbank stockist, also Startrite, Record, Metabo.

Hi both

If you want I'd be happy to include an Irish section in the e-commerce thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be an online facility and the headings could be tailored to yourselves as well.

What do you think?

cheers
Neil

That sounds really nice Neil.
However, this would put a burden on you having to update it regularly!
Well for a while at least. They may not be that much input.

Also, as I mentioned, UK are far ahead when it comes to E-commerce, Ireland is still struggling to get their broadband infrastructure up to scratch so not many companies sell online let alone have a webpage. The page would have to be definitely tailored to have more details.

May as well do the island of Ireland CYC? I'll send Neil over a copy of the Golden Pages and my local Yellow pages. Should keep him busy. And we can test him on pronunciation of various names and places....

Seriously I think that would be a great idea and with Neil's help it would be included in his sticky. Maybe call it Ireland (North & South) suppliers or something similar?

I'll get a list together shortly.

Great idea. I will add to it at a later date when I get a chance.
Neil.

Good stuff, thanks every one. Hope Neil (Newbie_neil) you won't regret your offer of services!!!!
Typically, all the Neils are in this thread hahahahah :lol:

I would like the list to track retailers of Hand tools, Machinery, Power tools, Hardware and woods (sheet or hard). Is it possible?

Hi CYC

CYC":1j057fdy said:
Hope Neil (Newbie_neil) you won't regret your offer of services!!!!
Typically, all the Neils are in this thread hahahahah :lol:

No problem.

CYC":1j057fdy said:
I would like the list to track retailers of Hand tools, Machinery, Power tools, Hardware and woods (sheet or hard). Is it possible?

I suggest that you give it a month or so, until you have a good feel for what is required and then give me the headings that you would like to see. I'll give you one go at getting the headings correct, as changing them is a real pain.

Hope that's ok.

Cheers
Neil

PS I'm not taking any entries from Noel. :wink:

A few more from further south:

McQuillans
85 Oliver Plunkett st
Cork
(021)4277706

Same as Dublin, but very little in stock

Frank Clark Ltd.
21 Sharman Crawford st
Cork
(021)4321822

Power tools - Festool, Dewalt, Makita, Delta
Some Machinery also

Bell Scott
Ship House Ship st (Off Penrose qy)
Cork
(021)4501724

Engineering Supplies. Good for replacement belts for machines.

Abbey Woods
Unit 16/17, Westlink Business Park,
Old Mallow Rd,
Cork.
(021) 4211788
http://www.abbeywoods.ie

Hardwoods. Good selection, and pick your own.

That's it for now!
Les

londonsteve2":2m8niojn said:
PS Just bought a new 18v pin gun from the nasty yellow company Neil sweetest gun ive ever owned LOL , and ive had at least 6
Funny you should say that, Steve - I think thats the only yellow tool that I would actually get in preference to the alternatives!

Cheers,
Neil

Latest posts

Back