irish jokes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on guys, settle down.

I saw Omid Djalili do this joke on TV. It was very funny. Whether he is an immigant or not, the basis of his humour is that he is Iranian.

You're playing with semantics with the most liberal guy on the forum. I haven't got the foggiest how I got sucked into explaining a straight-forward joke by an Iranian comedian about Australians on a thread about Irish jokes, and then to have it turned back on me .........well, I despair.

Ray, I expect better than that from you. I am not in the least narrow-eyed in my outlook. Don't agree with me on Irish jokes by all means (my wife doesn't, for a start), but don't, just don't accuse me being of something I am not then ask for the thread to be locked.

Mike

Mike Garnham":ptggna3w said:

You're playing with semantics with the most liberal guy on the forum.

next thing you know people will be saying your anti-semantic ;)

I skipped this thread because of the title. I'm absolutely sick of Irish jokes. My in-laws are Irish. whenever we go around there they are telling them constantly. It's all Mick did that and Paddy said this. Yawn. Only the Irish find Irish jokes funny. :roll:

But the rest of this thread kept you all entertained for a while didn't it. Shall we talk about woodworking now?

Mike Garnham":ixwr7tup said:
You're playing with semantics with the most liberal guy on the forum. I haven't got the foggiest how I got sucked into explaining a straight-forward joke by an Iranian comedian about Australians on a thread about Irish jokes, and then to have it turned back on me .........well, I despair.
Despair all you like, it doesn't cover the fact that you now add to your originally-worded reply as though to justify it.

Your comment about the joke as originally laid out being "self-deprecating" is rubbish - and you must now realise that - but rather than admit you ignored the possibility of other viewpoints on the joke (mine and Rogers, for example), you respond like an Harry Enfield teenager.

Expect better from me if you like, but don't kid yourself that your the only one allowed to have an opinion with which everyone else must either agree, or be a lesser person. That's becoming a frequently-seen trait on here of late, regrettably.

I knew this would only degenerate further, hence my suggestion to lock it. I certainly won't add further to it and regret getting involved in the first place (not because of anything I said, BTW), because the outcome was so predictable.

Ray

Outcome was predictable sadly, disappointing.
Just as an afterthought I don't understand why some continue to contribute and yet object to the thread. If I had a problem with a thread I'd make my views known once, either through a report or a single post and avoid the place thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back