ipod & car radio

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardenshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of the radio devices you plug into an Ipod for use in the car, apparently you tune it a given frequency and vialo. Any good ?.

any views much appreciated :)

gardenshed":68lyn5zv said:
Has anyone used one of the radio devices you plug into an Ipod for use in the car, apparently you tune it a given frequency and vialo. Any good ?.

any views much appreciated :)
My brother has one and says they are great....
He drives round all day so it is handy for him...

I have the Pure Highway DAB radio that you can also feed an ipod through. Generally works pretty well, though the additional wires are a pain and you can find the spare frequencies get hijacked by pirate radio stations, so you have to switch to another.

Sound quality is good though you lose some signal strength and the extremes of bass and treble are lost

Hey Ironballs wasn't you building a foot stool some time back..
have been using the search but could not find the thread...
If so how did it turn out..P.s
sorry for the stomp.... :D

They work, but the signal can come and go in different reception areas, and it's a bit of a nuisance to have to plug in and out each journey, and you still have to control from the ipod of course.

I gave up using mine, wasn't worth the fiddling and faffing around for the half hour to and from work. Better than nothing though I guess if you're more patient than me !

Cheers, Paul :D

I had a radio one, but didn't like it. It was a bit hit and miss. I then used a plug-in type (it has a 'cassette' which goes into the cassette slot, pretty obviously). That worked well enough, but now the cigarette lighter is taken over by the satnav, so I haven't used it in a while. The only problem is that there is a slight 'ticking' from the cassette.

hog&bodge, here is the stool that I made over the summer. Is that what you were thinking of?

Damien, I've been meaning to ask what sort of radio you have in your workshop. As far as I'm aware, you can only get Planet Rock on digital? I need something as I'm slowly going insane and there's never anything decent to listen to on FM, (in my opinion!). :twisted: :)

I bought one from Halfords. Regularly drive from Devon to Reading and it works all the way with no retuning until I get within about 2 miles of my destination. They are OK if you can find a free frequency for the route. Bit of white background noise, bit like listening to an older radio, not good for quality music but I use it for audio books so not a problem for me.

OPJ":lc5x3047 said:
hog&bodge, here is the stool that I made over the summer. Is that what you were thinking of?

Damien, I've been meaning to ask what sort of radio you have in your workshop. As far as I'm aware, you can only get Planet Rock on digital? I need something as I'm slowly going insane and there's never anything decent to listen to on FM, (in my opinion!). :twisted: :)

Radio 3? :wink: Classic 'sludge' FM? :D

Seriously, loads of stations on the Internet. You can get a wireless tx connected to USB cable that you then broadcast the internet station from your computer. Tune in to it from your FM radio.

Strange thought it was you...my mistake Ooops
Ironballs wrote:
No not me building a foot stool. Olly knocked one together in the midst of another project IIRC

Thanks OPJ..
Need to make one ..gave my old one to my brother..& I miss having one
around
OPJ wrote:
Just what I am looking for...I did spend few day looking for it in using the
search option...Perhaps the wrong name did not help.... :lol:

You have to admit it is one fine Stool..

On subject I hate music or radio in the car..just the sound of the
engine or chatting to a passenger for me...I do have John Cleese on my
PDA gets real funny when you get near a Toll Road...

Latest posts

Back