Smashed/cracked sunroof old Honda jazz, wanted Ford Galaxy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieRaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All

I realise this is a long shot, god knows how, my wife’s sunroof in her 2003 Honda jazz got smashed on the inside (safety glass obvs) cracked on the outside. After doing some research and reaching for the Haynes manual I found out that it’s going to be a big job to swap out the whole assembly of which I can get another from eBay. The alternative is to find someone who will just swap out the glass. (Auto glass won’t help - cost too much). Does anyone know anyone near ish Basingstoke that can help?

To be honest it’s a 20 year old car so, if not, I’ll probably just silicon the crack as the glass itself still doesn’t leak and it’s somewhat holding. Then I’ll just buy another car. Which brings me to my next point.

I’m in the market for a 2015 ish Ford Galaxy with low ish mileage. If any has one they are selling pls DM me with photos and specs

Thanks

There used to be a decent scrapyard up Chineham way and the lads there would often do weekend jobs if you wanted something fitting. Don't know if it's still going as we are no longer in the area

Thanks to Google maps it's Bryan Hirst breakers

Hey All

I realise this is a long shot, god knows how, my wife’s sunroof in her 2003 Honda jazz got smashed on the inside (safety glass obvs) cracked on the outside. After doing some research and reaching for the Haynes manual I found out that it’s going to be a big job to swap out the whole assembly of which I can get another from eBay. The alternative is to find someone who will just swap out the glass. (Auto glass won’t help - cost too much). Does anyone know anyone near ish Basingstoke that can help?

To be honest it’s a 20 year old car so, if not, I’ll probably just silicon the crack as the glass itself still doesn’t leak and it’s somewhat holding. Then I’ll just buy another car. Which brings me to my next point.

I’m in the market for a 2015 ish Ford Galaxy with low ish mileage. If any has one they are selling pls DM me with photos and specs

Thanks
Avoid the power shift auto galaxy they are unreliable.

Hey All

Thanks
Try a agricultural glazing supplier they can make one up in no time at all..

Thank you all for the pointers. I’ll def try to find a agricultural glazing supplier. Re power shift, is the basically they auto gear box? So go manual or do they have another auto gear box version?

Got it thank you. Im looking for something that's from 2014 to 2016, and around the 50k ish milage

Latest posts

Back