Interesting pieces of furniture - 12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep sending me furniture to post in these threads :wink:

So far only the first was my own choice - but I can choose more......

Happy to accept turnings, good scroll work etc.

Very nearly an excellent piece, but a couple of things really spoil it for me. The figured panels in the doors clash with, rather than compliment, the very plain drawer fronts. My eye follows downwards the rounded pieces each side of the doors - and then it finds square section feet. Very odd looking. I looked at other stuff on the maker's website and preferred a lot of it to this piece.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

A very nice piece of furniture in my eyes. I expect the wood figure would be even more impressive if seen in the flesh so to speak. I think the draws are just right and stop the sideboard being just too much swirling wood grain, and I do like the legs. A nice, usable, and not overstated piece of quality furniture. And a plus for me is it looks like something I could actually make, so for me its inspirational.

I see one remark likened it to hotel furniture, but I wish I could afford a stay in such hotels. Some old brown stuff or veneered chipboard is all I usually get. :roll:

I must remark that this series of furniture photos I’ve just had a chance to look at has been most enjoyable to peruse so good on you Tony for taking the trouble to organise this.

Yes yes yes.

In fact, 2 please - one either side of my main dining room (joking !!).

Looks like what it is, and does what it is - no noise, no fuss, no "look at me I'm clever", at least to begin with......but also subtle, and has actually got quite a few little features, small curves, 'different' lines, etc.

Use it as a sideboard - fine.

Just sit and enjoy line and shape/form - super fine!

And to have no twiddly fiddly bits, and no visible handles.....mmmmmmmm!

I like this piece. Like the colour, but then I do like ash, and the design. Very nice. I am not bothered at all that the wood came from a single tree and I could not see myself paying £6000 for it. Overall though, I think if I was going to make a sideboard, then this would be fairly close to my design.

Bob

Nice piece - doors are excellent, I think everything else looks a little heavy and I also am not overly fond of the drawer treatment, but overall I could live quite happily with this piece - Rob

Back