Instructables - how to freeze fresh yeast

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a time when I did several courses - Sicilian, Spanish, Vietnamese. My mate Phil and I have birthdays close together, so we got them as pressies. Not done a baking course, though. Maybe one day.
S

Steve
The yeast I use is Craft Bake.
As I mentioned, I buy it from Hindley's in Lichfield who are happy to sell you a block (1kg) or a half or quarter block which is what I usually get for 70p. If you PM me your address I'll send you a sample.
As a guide to others, I also buy my bread flour from there as well. White & wholemeal are £3.05 for 2kg and malted is £3.35. Forgot to price the spelt as I haven't used this yet.
Glynne

ISTR being told that good bread is only 'made' during the process of kneading.
So Full marks to Brian for giving his Mum the credit for the bread he (and his siblings?) made! :D :D :D

I've been doing the paleo diet since christmas but seeing that makes me crave bread for the first time in ages. Loaded with butter with some nice thick jam on it. You may have just kicked me off the paleo wagon :)

Latest posts

Back