ink line devices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

As any one on the forumused one of the tajima modern type ink lines (suni-tsubo)
I saw one being used today and was impressed, I wonder if other folks have any tips or experience?
Cheers Mr Spanton 8)

Hi mr spanton,
I only have experience with a traditional (old) sumitsubo. I suspect the main difference between the old and the new type are the black fingers! I wanted the old style because they bring good luck, but I suspect the new ones are easier to haul around in a tool box too...I prefer a sumitsuibo to a chalk line.

What impressed me was the clarity of the lines they were sharp, permanent water proof etc like theyd been done with a rotring pen.
I have never been entirely comfortable with chalk :(
Cheers Mr Spanton :D

Yes, an ink line is certainly more precise than a line made with chalk, which I like a lot too, and it doesn't have a tendency to blow away when you saw. You can handle the boards or logs without worrying about losing your lines, so that means you can mark off batches at a time, which is good for small pieces.

Back