India’s successful Moon Landing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say that with a budget of just £73 million, they have achieved an unbelievable success. Well done India.

I just wish they had spent it on their own population to help banish the huge poverty in their country. The UK would not then have a need to send £33.4 million aid this financial year with a further £54 million for next year. Clearly they have different values and priorities.

Last edited:
They have a nuclear weapons program because of Pakistan. An issue created by the British during partition.

But yes, congratulations to India for achieving something which Russia cannot.

Let's not forget that they also share a border with another aggressive nuclear power, China.

Last edited:
I have to say that with a budget of just £73 million, they have achieved an unbelievable success. Well done India.

I just wish they had spent it on their own population to help banish the huge poverty in their country. The UK would not then have a need to send £33.4 million aid this financial year with a further £54 million for next year. Clearly they have different values and priorities.
UK govt has odd priorities in UK too. Overall UK Poverty rates
https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/campaigns/social_housing_deficit

Is there anything to say that Pakistan would not have come into existence as a separate country, after independence? After all, Bangladesh did just that

They have a nuclear weapons program because of Pakistan. An issue created by the British during partition.
Amongst many other acts of british stupidity where we have created war zones, what comedian decided to stick a jewish state smack bang amongst the arabs !

Last edited:
@Jacob OMG, we agree on something🥳🥳🥳🥳

What a coincidence:
"Britain’s aid programme to India is fragmented, lacks a clear rationale and does little to counter the negative trends in human rights and democracy in the country........."
Very much the UK govt attitude to the majority here, across the board on every public service issue!!
No need to worry then - they aren't particular helping the poor of India, it's more about trade and influence.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-.../uk-aid-india-human-rights-democracy-watchdog

Last edited:
The world is a very strange place, That is like a mash-up of "an exotic bird, courtship display" and "the ministry of silly walks"
They are following the example set by the British Empire.
Here's another mob of over dressed twerps wasting public money:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 17.50.10.png

I just wish the anti royal brigade would take the time and look into the costs of a president versus a monarchy. So, taking France, the cost of Emanual is the same as our royals on an annual basis. We in the UK don’t have the added costs of protecting ex presidents, or providing them with a pension, or indeed the cost of electing them every few years. I chose France as our economies are very close to being the same size. So, the answer is when you take the time to put the left wing dogma to one side is that a Monarchy or a President costs roughly the same. With one, it’s a representation of the country, can’t do too much harm at all, may be the odd gaff. The other can turn into Dictators and slaughter millions if we take recent history……Putin As an example…….or you get a controversial character……say Bush who dragged us into a pointless war based on lies.….and slaughter uncounted numbers…..common theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back