Incra vs Dovetail Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Escudo":25a6qhim said:
Say Roger, is it possible to use a rat on the side of a bench?

I do not have any wall space left in my workshop :( and was thinking it might be possible to mount the rat to my workbench when required - a sort of portable solution.

what do you or other ratters think about this idea? Esc.

No reason whatsoever. The guy I bought mine from did exactly that. Only possible downside I can see is that the maximum length of timber that you might want to hang vertically when working that way round will be limited by your bench height.

If you have not got any wall space you could always hang it on a door.

If memory serves me correct I am sure someone around here did just that to make some joints in a bed rail. I seem to remember an image of a step ladder being used as well.

Andy

dedee":2g15nzyx said:
If you have not got any wall space you could always hang it on a door.

If memory serves me correct I am sure someone around here did just that to make some joints in a bed rail. I seem to remember an image of a step ladder being used as well.

Andy

I think that was Nick W

:D
Just a quick update. I went for the leigh, set it up today and will try it out sometime this week.

Will let you all know what I think when I hae used it, but from just having it setup it looks pretty impressive jig.

8)

Back