Incra jig dovetail cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some dovetail cutters that are suitable for the Incra templates. From what I have read 7,10 & 14 degree cutters are used but I don't know the depth (the X value used by Axminster or C used by Trend)
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Barry
ps The Incra agent said he did not know!!!!!!

Barry,

Tilgear used to carry a cheap set of cutters made by Spitz, and Jessada do a set too, but I don't know who stocks them over here any more.

Thanks Dave R but Woodpecker wants us to deal with the local agent else they charge loads for carriage(more than double what Rockler charge).Searching the Uk suppliers for the 5 required with 1/2" shanks - they appear to be
Diameter Degree Dept of cut
1/2 14 1/2
1/2 10 5/8
3/8 9 3/8
5/8 7 7/8
3/4 7 7/8
Very limited with the 1/2" shank Axminster have the first & last.
Rutland have the first and forth with 1/4" shanks only
Wealdens appear to be metric
Trend are all 1/4" and very few are suitable.
Can any Uk members suggest where I can try?
Thanks
Barry

Hello,

I purchased a set 'online' from America last year, it was the Incra/Jointech Router Bit Set.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/pages/setdove.htm

From what I recall, it worked out very good value for money and I didn't have to wait too long for delivery.
I am no expert in router bits, but have used them in softwood and they seem to be good quality to me.

Carlsberg

I have the set, I bought then to use with Incra Ultra, I will get back to you with the details , sometime tomorrow

Hi Barry
The set I have are OLDHAM VIPER router Bits, If I remember correctly I bought them from Tilgear.

The sizes I have are as follows , they are all 1/2inch shank
3/8 inch cut depth 9 deg angle
3/8 inch cut depth 10 deg angle
1/2 inch cut depth 14 deg angle
7/8 inch cut depth 7 deg angle
5/8 inch cut depth 7 deg angle

I also bought a couple of twin flute 1/2 inch shank straight cutters about 7/8 cut depth.

cannot be positive about the price but I guess the total cost was in the region of £130.00

Hope this helps, if you get the tilgear catalogue you should see what you are looking for.

Thanks Denny I went with Carlsberg's option and used MLCS in the USA. For 6 dovetail and 2 straight bits it cost under £40 with shipping.
Barry

Back