Inca planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs C

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought an Inca planer recently from a sale and after having the knives sharpened have discovered that the adjustment screws to set them are missing. Does anyone know how I can find out what thread size they are likely to be and where I can get replacements?

Also, I am not sure what the model reference is, the only thing i can find is Suva made in Switzerland - any clues, have I missed a plate somewhere? Picture attached

Cheers

Attachments

• RenderedContent-4AB4E627-065F-4ABE-9066-3D563AFFAE16.JPG
    RenderedContent-4AB4E627-065F-4ABE-9066-3D563AFFAE16.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 143
what length are the blades? There should be a plate on it somewhere saying the model number- something like 343.190.xxx. It may be missing though. The American model numbers are different- 510, 550 etc. it is worth searching both when you identify it, because there tends to be more USA info.

The bolts will be metric. I can't tell you much more than that unfortunately.

Hello

Do the knives have slots for the screws to engage? If so, they will have some sort of 'washer' head and will be specific to that machine. Inca spares might be very hard to come by, though.

You could invest in something like these, which will enable you to set the knives without the adjustment screws, and even if you eventually get spares, will still be pretty handy, even with screws fitted.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworkin ... ta+dkpnjig

Mike.

Thank you, we have since discovered that not only are there no screws but no threads for them to screw into!

A close up pic of the rotor would be helpful but I suspect that what you are missing is the chip breaker bar with the bolts in it which holds the knife in position and also adjusts the height of the knife via allen screws.

Photo attached, the bolts are there that hold the knife in position (larger of the holes shown)

Thanks

Attachments

• RenderedContent-BFE9CE3C-14D9-4A58-8848-BD5F02D69D60.JPG
    RenderedContent-BFE9CE3C-14D9-4A58-8848-BD5F02D69D60.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back