Inca euro 260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels now co planar and tracking evenly anywhere on wheels ,sounds an awful lot better sound like a bag of spanners when I got it

Circlips and bearings replaced cleaned up mitre gauge rip fence attachment and flip stop mine was missing the depth stop but had the stud made one in oak bit heath Robinson but it works

Attachments

• 20210529_151438.jpg
    20210529_151438.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210529_151513.jpg
    20210529_151513.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210529_151535.jpg
    20210529_151535.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 21
It just dawned on me that that is the first saw I have ever seen that is bassackwards to the norm. The open side facing the left rather than the right. I think it might take me a little bit to get used to but the working position would be like a regular table saw. Does it feel comfortable when you use it?

Pete

Works fine for me ,only other bandsaw I've had to compare was a parkside and this is head and shoulders above that although getting the parkside to work well learnt me a bit about bandsaws

It just dawned on me that that is the first saw I have ever seen that is bassackwards to the norm. The open side facing the left rather than the right. I think it might take me a little bit to get used to but the working position would be like a regular table saw. Does it feel comfortable when you use it?

Pete
I think that the side that’s open is irrelevant to comfort or usage, unless you are swapping between saws and if you are it’s beneficial.
The closed side is always going to be restrictive. If you have 2 saws, an Inca and other then you have the best of both worlds.

If you have one you will have to flip large pieces over for some cuts, same same but different. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it isn't a big criticism just that it is the only one I can ever recall seeing built like that. The quality is naturally there and I could see it being perfect for the person doing small work or working in a small shop. The one I have has 500mm wheels so a project has to be pretty big to be restricted by the closed side. Maybe the founder of Inca was left handed. 😉

Pete

The one I have has 500mm wheels so a project has to be pretty big to be restricted by the closed side.
Not really & not so big.

I’ve just been making a few smallish products where with lightweight panels that have shapes cutout in them, none would fit within your saws clearance space let alone mine without being flipped for some cuts.
I certainly could have used a different method to cut them but the bandsaw was the most convenient tool & flipping the only way & required marking both faces and having both sides with non smooth cuts.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't a big criticism just that it is the only one I can ever recall seeing built like that. The quality is naturally there and I could see it being perfect for the person doing small work or working in a small shop. The one I have has 500mm wheels so a project has to be pretty big to be restricted by the closed side. Maybe the founder of Inca was left handed. 😉

Pete
My neighbour has a Record of about the same size, that also is built that way.

Back