Inca Bandsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIGNAL

Established Member
Reaction score
May seem a strange question but how light/heavy are the Inca bandsaws? I do very little with the bandsaw (I'm virtually all hand tool) and instead of buying another dust extractor I thought I could use a table top style and carry the thing into the garden on a nice day (like today!). I can't do that with my present saw, a 14" saw is a lot to carry down two flights of stairs. Two days on the bandsaw will easily do all I need for the year ahead. 90% of the cutting is 15 mm (and under) hardwood, including Oak. The cuts need to be accurate with drift of no more than 0.4 mm's. I can do better with my 14" saw and a very fine blade. Rare but sometimes I need to cut 2 " softwood but only a few running metres.
I suppose the alternative is one of the newer 9 / 10" models but I have no experience of those. At one time I had a Burgess but it's so long ago I can't remember much about it. That saw very little use too.

I have the 342.186 Thats the 11" (280mm) version - largest apart from the 3 wheeler .
Portable yes - 2 flights of stairs .... probably OK going up - I would be very wary going down .

The smaller/smallest would be more portable .

Assuming you are talking about the Inca 260 they are not particularly heavy as the table is aluminium rather than cast iron. The main weight is in the motor. However I would suggest that they need to be bolted down for safety as the base is quite narrow which may make them less portable than you want. (I would have checked the weight of mine for you but it is bolted down!)

Cheers Tom

Thanks for the replies. 26 Kg is OK. I think my 14" bandsaw is more like 75 Kg, big difference. Not sure I want to bolt it down but it may not be too difficult to rig something up. Alternately I might go for another bandsaw. There must be a lot of candidates given that it's only 15 mm Oak and a bit of softwood.

Latest posts

Back