In the shed again!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMASB

Established Member
Reaction score
Picture547-1.jpg

Picture548-1.jpg

Picture551-1.jpg

Picture549-1.jpg

Top is a Retro made from stonite onyx, bottom is a Americana Ink Ball made in stonite cobalt blue, kits from The Turners Workshop (who will be the first to try his new kit £79.99!!!!)
Both finished with MM then two Brasso, two Ren Wax.
How do you price your work? :roll: :D

Look nice, JohnB
Not a fan of the retro look but I do like the Americana - the blank is nice too. I'm using one of mine to get some marking done - just taking a short break, honest :lol:
Not sure if it's the photo but it looks like you've used the long tube for the cap rather than the body??

I don't price my work as I've only given pens away so far - perhaps one day!

Absolutely gorgeous, the pens, not you THOMASB. :lol:

Never used any of the more up market kits such as these, but these do make my mouth water. Fantastic work IMO.

Pricing, now there's a bag of worms. No matter how good, or bad your work is you can always sell it, at a price. And believe me there are so many people out there who love crafty items but don't want to pay for them. I AM a firm believer in not underpricing your work, don't price down to a price for a venue, don't do the venue IMO. Also I consider myself to be in the enviable position of not turning for a living. So when asked to do a job, I have on occasions given a price and been met with, "You have got to be joking!" on principal I wouldn't lower my price after that. I have had 2 times when this has happened in the last 12 months, and one came back to me with the work. I did it, for my price.

You have put a lot of time, money, and sweat in some cases, setting up your workshop, and hours practising getting to the standard you are at now. Set your price accordingly. You may lose a few sales, but if your stuff is quality then you will find buyers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

PS - Which Turners Workshop?

Thanks for the comments very helpful, Stewart the instructions from Vincent show 1 1/2'' for the lower tube nib end and 1 3/4'' for the cap end, should it be the other way round?

Back