In-built wardrobe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Established Member
Reaction score
I am about to build an in-built wardrobe and wonder if any forum member has been involved in such a project lately.

I am particularly looking for any recommendations as to the sliding door gear please.

Also, any recommendations as to what sheet material would be best for the doors will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

How much do you want to do yourself? And what kit / experience do you have?

I ask because howdens ( and others ) sell the components. I.e, if you didnt have much kit and wanted to get it done quite painlessly, you could go buy 450 deep cupboards, a set of doors and a slider setup from them....

If you could explain a bit more, we'll be able to give you some good guidance 👍

I've used This before and haven't had any complaints - it's a little fiddly to set up but the doors glide really smoothly. Price has gone up since I last used it though 😬

How much do you want to do yourself? And what kit / experience do you have?

I ask because howdens ( and others ) sell the components. I.e, if you didnt have much kit and wanted to get it done quite painlessly, you could go buy 450 deep cupboards, a set of doors and a slider setup from them....

If you could explain a bit more, we'll be able to give you some good guidance 👍
hi baldkev, thank you so much for giving my query your consideration, much appreciated. I am decorating the room at the moment, so when I have moved the furniture away from the intended location of the wardrobe I will take a piccy and do a bit of a drawing so that you will have a better understanding of my plan. I will be doing all of the work myself. I have done most things myself for the best part of my 82 years. I have done fitted wardrobes before (utilising an alcove) but this is a little different and, I imagine that the sliding tracks may have come on a bit in the past 45 years too!
keep your eyes peeled in a day or two's time, and thanks again.

Thank you for your link frankendoodle6, I will take a look.

You can just type @baldkev and it'll notify me.
Thats great, youve got experience. Maybe just list your available kit and an idea of finished look so we can judge door construction etc.
Ive only fitted 3 or 4 sliders but they were all dead simple and theres a ton of youtube vids on prettymuch any subject 👍

@baldkev
Well I have finished the decorating and have given this matter a lot of thought whilst doing it. The upshot is that I've come up with a much simpler solution to the problem and it is now all sorted.

Thank you so much for your offer of help, greatly appreciated. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Back