Impulse Drivers !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
My old Makita 12v drill driver packed up recently after a good few years service so decided to treat myself to a new one.

As the old batteries were still in good nick and were 2.4amp/hr NiMh decided just to get a new one without batteries to save on cost.

A quick look on ebay provided some options and finally went for the Makita 12v impulse driver which takes the same batteries I already had.

Paid £60 new and it duly arrived last week :D

Fantastic bit of kit. Feels really well made and is amazing to use. Never tried an impulse driver before and it makes such easy work of driving large screws home. Copes no bother at all even with bigger 80mm screws that used to have the ordinary driver struggling to cope.

Can't recommend it enough for assorted joinery/carcase assembly etc.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Hi Paul
There are a great bit of kit as I have a cheap B&Q one and am looking to get a makita one as I have the 18v MXT :D
Some one has ones from the US with 110v chargers that are also going for a good price.
Ps Just to let you know that they are impact drivers :wink: ( its what people know them as )

An impulse driver is the thing that got me to buy that LN dovetail saw at the Axminster Show. Quite a different animal. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back