Imitation multimaster by Bosch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanvdH

Established Member
Reaction score
I just saw Bosch now manufactures an 'imitation' of the Fein multimaster the so-called PMF 180 E MULTI, with remarkable likeness in the sawblades for 99 euros at the local chain of DIY stores. Anybody already experience with this machine?

Duncan

Yes I bought one last month and for the price it seems pretty good. Usual Bosch build quality does the job and the early Multimaster blades fit it too. Have used it to cut floorboards, notch joists and cut tight up to a wall and it performed well. I should imagine the Fein is more of an industrial tool but I haven't used one so can't comment on a comparison. :wink:

Yes, I have one - it's brilliant for cuts with restricted access. Quality seems good (not broken it yet, but only been using it for 3 months!)
John

I have access to a Festool delta sander and a bosch greenline single speed deltasander. The former eats wood while the latter is more a hand massaging device. How would you rate this machine. Does it do a better job at sanding than the 'normal' bosch delta sander??

Duncan

I can compare it with my Metabo detail sander.
The effectiveness is simular; with the same grade paper I don't notice any difference in finish even though the action is not identical.
The rate of removal is dependant upon the grade of abrasive paper.
The dust extraction of the Metabo is much better.

Back