I'm back I'm back its an actual fact

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

But not for very long. After a months exile I have had time to reflect, and have came to the difficult decision to retire from this particular forum. This is not motivated by self pity, sour grapes or resentment. Its just that I think the rules and style of the forum mean that I cant really relax and be myself so I'm best not participating if it upsets people (it is not my intention to upset anyone by the way), its just my ireverent bawdy view of things that, I do apreciate, does offend some people, for which I do apologise. It only remains for me to extend sincere best wishes to all with whom I have exchanged ideas and so on via post's and thank all those who wether they know it or not have helped me to better understand the art and craft of woodworking.
Cheers Mr S :D

Well,sorry to hear it,Mr.S. :(
Will particularly miss a lot of the info I've gained from your posts on traditional woodworking techniques - like chairs,for instance.

But each to their own - good luck,and I wish you well :D

Andrew

No don't go!
A lot of us are grown up enough not to take offence at the drop of a hat so you don't bother us at all. You might be imagining it!
I am very interested in what you have had to say about your woodwork.
The only people who never offend anyone are those who have no opinions of their own.

cheers
Jacob

Jacob wrote:

A lot of us are grown up enough not to take offence at the drop of a hat so you don't bother us at all. You might be imagining it!

and that just about sums it up for me too - I had a couple of prob's with an over zealous mod' in my first few posts - but it's a good place to be.

Chris.

It is often the mods who make or break a forum... not the users.

Sensible debate, with common sense approach to subjects and swearing, should be freely welcomed what ever your viewpoint. We cannot all agree with each other all the time. We all get narked at some stage.

I DETEST censorship of posts and threads unless really essential - and there are few threads that really fall into that catagory. Yet on some sites that is the norm. That is why I no longer post on the Scr**fix site.

There are a couple of people on here with whom I do not share the same viewpoint, however they are just as entitled to an opinion as I am (even though I know Im better then them :lol: and they're wrong :twisted:)

Stick around fella, in your own way you seem to have helped others who appreciate your knowledge and possibly even your posting stlye!

Woody

Dont worry about it, I'm still here and I reckon I hold the record for removed posts.

Hoping to make the Guiness book of records :)

Vormulac":1ifhv9dp said:
Even I have had a thread removed, and I'm lovely! :D

Go on, stick around.

V.
Have deleted my reply here as it was being edited without my consent.

cheers
Jacob

devonwoody":1ythz2pn said:
Dont worry about it, I'm still here and I reckon I hold the record for removed posts.

Don't let complacency set in. I'm hot on your heels and I've only been here a couple of weeks. Infact, I'd like to see some official stats.

Genuinely sorry to see you go mr spanton. It's the members that make a forum.

Hi Mr S

I would not like to see you go too and hope you change your mind but if not all the best :)

Fingers crossed that you do change your mind :wink:

MrJay":1xwg2n6a said:
devonwoody":1xwg2n6a said:

Don't let complacency set in. I'm hot on your heels and I've only been here a couple of weeks. Infact, I'd like to see some official stats.
Hell's teeth, it's not something to be proud of. ](*,) You make the mods' job that much harder; why would you want to do that? Sheesh...

Cheers, Alf

Mr_Grimsdale":1gnh22c4 said:
Vormulac":1gnh22c4 said:

Go on, stick around.

V.

cheers
Jacob

Did you mean to quote me, Jacob? Sorry if I'm being dense (not much sleep over the last few days), but I'm not sure what you mean. :?:

Cheers,

V.

May I please urge caution in this thread to avoid it being locked.

Vormulac":1wemsdb0 said:
Mr_Grimsdale":1wemsdb0 said:
Vormulac":1wemsdb0 said:

Go on, stick around.

V.

cheers
Jacob

Did you mean to quote me, Jacob? Sorry if I'm being dense (not much sleep over the last few days), but I'm not sure what you mean. :?:

Cheers,

V.
Sorry didn't mean to confuse - I had a comment posted but the prefects had edited it (for no good reason that I could see). I'd rather be deleted than edited. Editing can so alter the sense of what one is saying.

cheers
Jacob

Mr_Grimsdale":2yl2sarq said:
I had a comment posted but the prefects had edited it (for no good reason that I could see).
Those'll be the comments to which you added a comment in brackets that you expected them to be deleted, were they? Yep, obviously no good reason at all except a reason so obvious even you could see it coming... :roll:

Alf

Ah, fair enough Jacob! I thought I had inadvertantly caused some offence and was trying to work out what I'd said wrong! :lol:

Cheers,

V.

Alf":2aoe05cf said:
Mr_Grimsdale":2aoe05cf said:
I had a comment posted but the prefects had edited it (for no good reason that I could see).
Those'll be the comments to which you added a comment in brackets that you expected them to be deleted, were they? Yep, obviously no good reason at all except a reason so obvious even you could see it coming... :roll:

Alf
Er, what?
I've forgotten what I posted anyway but it wasn't very controversial as far as I can recall.

cheers
Jacob

This is silly.

Clearly there is a mutually destructive clash of personality and methodology between certain forum members and certain forum moderators. We can keep on behaving in mutual destructive fashoin by deleting posts and locking threads and resigning publicly, or we can try talking (or typing at any rate) - I know a forum we could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back