Identify please??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodrighy":1lwp4xls said:
Must admit I haven't tried silver birch so didn't know that. Thaks for the tip BSM

pete

spalted silver birch does work if you can turn it - but its very soft and punky so short of dousing it in CA I tend to give up in disgust and do something else.

Here's my sixpen'eth

Silver Birch
eucalyptus
fruit (of some sort)
eucalyptus
conifer
Silver birch

Tony, when you came to collect the lathe you may have seen a load of silver birch and eucalyptus out the front..... i've turned box's with both and had good results with both.... made pens from eucalyptus, and very nice they are too.....

Nick

edit.... plus, the moisture metre you're 'looking' at is pretty damn near the same as the one i've bought.... bagged mine from a seller in Hong Kong..... arrived in less than a week.

NikNak":8a1ceiap said:
edit.... plus, the moisture metre you're 'looking' at is pretty damn near the same as the one i've bought.... bagged mine from a seller in Hong Kong..... arrived in less than a week.

theres one on ebay for 3 quid , plus 4 quid postage from china - just make sure you pay via paypal so you can get your money back if it turns out to be snide

Back