Ideas for an inspection ramp wanted.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Both my son and brother are mechanics so we are often messing with cars.
So, in lieu of an inspection pit, I'm thinking of something like this.

ramp15.jpg

But I'm looking for ideas of how to make it stackable so as to take up minimal space without it becoming too weak.

Any thoughts?

Like the idea for those extensions to normal ramps, but the ground clearance of our Golf and Polo is so poor that the front bumpers hit the ramp before the wheels get anywhere near the slope. Have had to use wooden extensions to run the car on to the ramps.
(and they don't like Aberdeenshire potholes either :( )

The ramp slides into the box, then you can stack them. If space is a serious concern you'd be better with some steel boxes that you can put under the wheels by jacking the cars up. Don't forget that you can't use ramps for any wheels-off jobs, so you'll likely need some axle stands or similar too.

Im not a mechanic but spent a lot of time under cars years ago I wouldnt feel safe under that type of ramp youve got no side entrance or exit if something should go wrong your also not going to be able to reach tools or parts and your also blocking your own light and never do it on the grass although that pic is a sample

hth

Latest posts

Back