Ian's box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david simper

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of our friends helped to do a naming ceremony for our son. I've made them this box as a thank you. It uses four wood types and some ply for the base. I know it's far from perfect but despite its deficiencies I feel that it's the most satisfying piece I've made so far. It also provided a good run-out for the Record 71 plane that I picked up on e-bay.

Hope I'm doing this right; here's the link to my Fotki account:

http://public.fotki.com/stanley-clifton ... /ians-box/

Dave :)

Thanks for all the nice things that people have said. I'm particularly glad that the colours seem to have worked as I was a bit worried that the mix of woods would look over the top.

In response to the specific question, it is my design. I originally wanted something that looked a lot more vernacular, but couldn't resist honing things up as I went along. As stated previously, this design was particularly useful to try out a new Record 71 in cleaning out the various housing joints, and a beading cutter on a Stanley 50 that I've been dying to try out for some time.

All the best.

Dave :)

Dave,
i like the contrast of the different woods and the fact that its your own design,
im sure yor friends will be delighted.

Back