I won ebay auction, but seller will not sell to me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flanajb":1ns0wk6g said:
How do you know he is a Trader ?

Cheeky pipper should have is account disabled for doing that.

By what he's sold in the past, highly unlikely to be a private seller given the number of Paint spraying machines and equipment that's been sold.

Cheeky b***** has added "if you have any questions about this sprayer please ask them before bidding to avoid problems after the sale". So who has created the problem?

Surely if you sell something and the buyer has paid for it, it becomes the property of the buyer and the original seller cannot claim the item back. That's what selling means - the ownership is transferred! If you sell something it can't be on an "unless I subsequently choose to chase a higher offer, in which case I'll have it back" basis.

just noticed that the same model is on offer at Rutlands, albeit without the gun, for £299.95 - and that's new. Seems like a good deal.

Indeed. Ebay point out that by bidding and winning you (the buyer) are entering into a legal contract, so... surely the reverse is true?

what a tw*t, really makes me angry this sought of thing. if he was'nt prepared to let it go for your winning bid surely a higher reserve or starting price should have been entered.

adidat

I have spoken with ebay, but I am not filled with confidence they are going to actually do anything.

Not selling me the item is one thing, but to then relist so quickly is another!

I am on a mission now to get his ebay account terminated :)

flanajb":yl7y7qv6 said:
I have spoken with ebay, but I am not filled with confidence they are going to actually do anything.

Based on my own experience with eBay is that, as long as he keeps listing and paying them money, then they will do diddly squat. They really are the pits when it comes to something like this. I alerted them to someone flogging ripped off DVDs but they did bug*er all.

eBay...Easily Bought And Yellow (oh, alright, I couldn't think of anything better for Y)

studders":3ua18pc6 said:
I see it's been relisted already. Have you opened a dispute? Bit hasty on his part if you have.

Also, his past sales appear to indicate he is a trader, yet that's not been declared???

It's a strange one really, his feedback is good and this poor behaviour seems abnormal to his feedback.

He only has ten feedback sales in the last 12 months so I don't think he is a tader.

We run an ebay business and it can be frustrating when people ask questions after the item has finished. Perhaps he was having a bad day or your question didn't come across as it was meant to.

Whacky

In Germany, I'd have to take him to the court, if he won't deliver. Ebay is just another form of comunication. I would have to use the real world judiciary.

Given that you can have a new one with warranty for only 10% more, I would forget about him. Live is to short for trouble of that kind.

Cheers
Pedder

whacky":21lzsyw5 said:
He only has ten feedback sales in the last 12 months so I don't think he is a trader.

Whacky

Not necessarily an ebay trader no, but he seems to dispose of quite a lot of the same type of stuff to just be 'having a clear out', to me that suggests trade rather than private seller.

Situations like this confirm why I don't buy from EBay, I could not cope with the hassle.

Hudson Carpentry":1li0pyx7 said:
Open a dispute.

Opening a dispute generally resolves the problem, at least the seller has too state why they don't want to sell it to you.
I recently opened a dispute and the outcome was very successful, give it a try...bosshogg :)

newt":3rtiyw4q said:
Situations like this confirm why I don't buy from EBay, I could not cope with the hassle.

I've bought loads of stuff from Ebay and never had a problem. On one occasion a battery charger was not compatible with the camera battery it was intended for, but I was refunded before I had even sent it back. Generally people like to protect their buyer and seller ratings by offering good service.

i see this HVLP sprayer has been with drawn, marked "item no longer available", so I guess he'll let the dust settle before listing it again.

TBH I wouldn't bother pursuing your sprayer.
Better off out of it, as the seller is obviously a loony. And you haven't lost any money.
There'll be another one along shortly!
newt":3rpq1hqd said:
By and large there is no hassle - it works pretty well.
I've even bought cars from dodgy looking ebayers ("meet me in the pub car park" etc) without a hitch.
Most people want a simple honest deal with no effin about.

Jacob":1yrj4uj8 said:
TBH I wouldn't bother pursuing your sprayer.
Better off out of it, as the seller is obviously a loony. And you haven't lost any money.
There'll be another one along shortly!
newt":1yrj4uj8 said:
By and large there is no hassle - it works pretty well.
I've even bought cars from dodgy looking ebayers ("meet me in the pub car park" etc) without a hitch.
Most people want a simple honest deal with no effin about.
Agreed, no money was lost, but to me it is a matter of principal. I got a good deal on a sprayer and he thought "That sold too cheaply, I am not letting it go for that". If that's the case then he should have put a reserve on it.

Still, ebay are being pretty good and are getting in touch with him :D

Life is to short to have principals on ebay. You bid sometimes you get a result sometimes you don't but the way it is now ebay will always ensure that the buyer will never loose their money if the item or the seller is not up to scratch.

can i ask why you asked a question after you won the item and not before , any reason ?

clk230":f5n3ozbs said:
can i ask why you asked a question after you won the item and not before , any reason ?
I was intrigued as to why the handle of the unit was black, but the case was blue. It was only after I won that I realised that Fuji do not do this combination.

I was still going to buy the unit as he said it was fully refurbished so I took his word for it. If someone asked me a question after buying an item I would be honest with them and upfront, I certainly would not take offence and send them a cancellation request.

Back