I won ebay auction, but seller will not sell to me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whacky":31azu6q6 said:
He only has ten feedback sales in the last 12 months so I don't think he is a tader.

The 10 is for the past month - 133 in the past 12 months.

newt":31azu6q6 said:
Situations like this confirm why I don't buy from EBay, I could not cope with the hassle.

Most people's experiences with eBay are good ones, but as in all aspects of life there are some dodgy characters about.

It would be interesting to know how the dispute process goes but I doubt you will get your sprayer, possession being nine points of the law etc.

eBay can and do act quite fairy in my experience but their power is really limited to financial penalty against a member. In this situation I doubt there's much if anything you (or eBay for that matter) could realistically do to force him to sell to you.

Yes he enters into a legally binding contract but eBay are not the courts. It would be for a court to order him to sell it to you, and if he then didn't comply with the court order, you could take further (very expensive) action to try to get it off him.

Best advice IMHO is to wait and see how the dispute with eBay goes (but don't hold your breath in this case) and then just put it down to experience and get on with your life.

Also, think about this: If you did find a way to force him to sell it to you now, what kind of after sales service do you think you would get if something were to go wrong with it?

regards

Brian

newt":2pqrrjt2 said:
Also, think about this: If you did find a way to force him to sell it to you now, what kind of after sales service do you think you would get if something were to go wrong with it?

I did think about this and I envisaged opening the parcel to find a smashed up unit.

Just about everybody who's added to this thread ,is running or has run a dispute with ebay seller's :lol:

andycktm":3pwkuyml said:
Just about everybody who's added to this thread ,is running or has run a dispute with ebay seller's :lol:

Just to put some balance on things, there are unscrupulous buyers as well.

We recently had a situation where a buyer opened a case against us but eBay sided with us because the buyer was being unreasonable. In that situation eBay blocked the buyer from leaving feedback.

regards

Brian

The only dispute I've ever opened was against a seller who sent me completely the wrong thing, fair enough people make mistakes but.. he expected me to return it to him in America when it had been shipped to me from Manchester UK?? I thought that totally unreasonable but ebay were useless, just kept saying if I don't return it there's nothing they can do.

Latest posts

Back