I wish I lived in America

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of emigrating to New Zealand with my wife next year. The reasons being that I think it's healthy to live in other countries and sample their culture and that their main language is English. This is because I will be working as a Psychiatric nurse and the ability to communicate is paramount :D .

We've thought long and hard about this and we think it would be for the best as we both feel that the UK, although it has got some great things going for it, is going down the pan.

For whatever reason we think this is immaterial, because if I listed them someone would probably put up a counter argument and they are personal to us, we can't all agree on what is best. The only way to prove whether it is the right choice is to do it and live with the consequences.

What I am trying to say I suppose is, the grass may not be greener on the other side, and although I have visited many countries and have lived away from England for several years, I know this is not the case. But one has to try.

Phil

Good luck Phil.

I was always told as a yougster that when you come to your last day, far better to say I did , not I wish.

Decklan.

I have worked in England, Sweden, Ireland, Canada, USA, and Germany.

The bottom line is that you can do worse than live where you are living now. The grass is always greener...

Bill Bryson has written several books, and they are all funny. Check out his book on Britain if you haven't seen it. He has a very nice section on Manchester.

Sean

I have worked in Australia but live here now. I know where i would rather be.

I mean have you seen all the tools in their shops, and the prices :D
All together now

Once a jolly swagman sat beside the billabong,
Under the shade of a coolibah tree,
And he sang as he sat and waited by the billabong
You'll come a waltzing matilda with me :D

Oh well back to reality :roll:

tiler99":2rln41rz said:
I have worked in Australia but live here now. I know where i would rather be.

I mean have you seen all the tools in their shops, and the prices :D
All together now

Once a jolly swagman sat beside the billabong,
Under the shade of a coolibah tree,
And he sang as he sat and waited by the billabong
You'll come a waltzing matilda with me :D

Oh well back to reality :roll:

So you would like to live in France then ! #-o :wink:

Back