I went Christmas shopping today ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
First a bit of window shopping

and some more

and a little more..just to get the feel of the place, you understand. You've seen about 1/20 of the area.

So first a bit of Zebrano. Actually I got carried away and bought a lot more than I needed :cry:

Add a large slab of Bubinga.. now where's that 2.4m Festool rail?

Some Birds-eye Maple

Getting into the swing of it now.

Add some Pippy Oak

And lastly did anyone mention Lacewood?

A few niggles..I really wanted some 2" of the above but only a little and the boards were BIG! And as you can see the lacewood is 2" and I really need to rip it won but having sold my large bandsaw...a wee problem.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Do tell us... How much??? :shock:

And, where is this?

Very nice haul, by the way. :)

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh that to have a place like that in the timber yard black hole that is Gloucester!

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
For some reason journey time to and from Leices' always seems to be arranged by the boss to be outside trading hours when nearing Lutterworth, almost as bad as trying to go via Nuneaton.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Roger, what can I say

If this is where you did your Christmas Shopping which of your friends on here can expect receiving a board from that selection duly wrapped in pretty paper??

We have plenty of room under our tree! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No seriously - havn't been to Whitmores for a few years but have got to say that the timber I have had from them in the past has always been excellent.

Happy Christmas!

wobblycogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more about wanting a place like that in Gloucestershire. Seems this county is almost completely devoid of anything to do with woodwork. Still, nice place so can't really complain.

Big hint for Axminster: Gloucster would be a great spot for your next shop. It's just up the M5 from head office and nicely placed about equidistant (and a decent drive) from all your other stores :-D

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
wobblycogs":3kqmkoss said:
Couldn't agree more about wanting a place like that in Gloucestershire. Seems this county is almost completely devoid of anything to do with woodwork. Still, nice place so can't really complain.

Big hint for Axminster: Gloucster would be a great spot for your next shop. It's just up the M5 from head office and nicely placed about equidistant (and a decent drive) from all your other stores :-D
Now wouldn't that be nice!

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
wobblycogs":3cac6zsn said:

No..no..no....Hereford or Worcester..much better location!