I went Christmas shopping today ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
First a bit of window shopping
DSC00035.JPG

and some more
DSC00036.JPG

and a little more..just to get the feel of the place, you understand. You've seen about 1/20 of the area.
DSC00037.JPG

So first a bit of Zebrano. Actually I got carried away and bought a lot more than I needed :cry:
DSC00038.JPG

Add a large slab of Bubinga.. now where's that 2.4m Festool rail?
DSC00039.JPG

Some Birds-eye Maple
DSC00040.JPG

Getting into the swing of it now.

Add some Pippy Oak
DSC00041.JPG

And lastly did anyone mention Lacewood?
DSC00042.JPG

DSC00043.JPG

A few niggles..I really wanted some 2" of the above but only a little and the boards were BIG! And as you can see the lacewood is 2" and I really need to rip it won but having sold my large bandsaw...a wee problem.

Do tell us... How much??? :shock:

And, where is this?

Very nice haul, by the way. :)

Oh that to have a place like that in the timber yard black hole that is Gloucester!

For some reason journey time to and from Leices' always seems to be arranged by the boss to be outside trading hours when nearing Lutterworth, almost as bad as trying to go via Nuneaton.

Well Roger, what can I say

If this is where you did your Christmas Shopping which of your friends on here can expect receiving a board from that selection duly wrapped in pretty paper??

We have plenty of room under our tree! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No seriously - havn't been to Whitmores for a few years but have got to say that the timber I have had from them in the past has always been excellent.

Happy Christmas!

Couldn't agree more about wanting a place like that in Gloucestershire. Seems this county is almost completely devoid of anything to do with woodwork. Still, nice place so can't really complain.

Big hint for Axminster: Gloucster would be a great spot for your next shop. It's just up the M5 from head office and nicely placed about equidistant (and a decent drive) from all your other stores :-D

wobblycogs":3kqmkoss said:
Couldn't agree more about wanting a place like that in Gloucestershire. Seems this county is almost completely devoid of anything to do with woodwork. Still, nice place so can't really complain.

Big hint for Axminster: Gloucster would be a great spot for your next shop. It's just up the M5 from head office and nicely placed about equidistant (and a decent drive) from all your other stores :-D

Now wouldn't that be nice!

wobblycogs":3cac6zsn said:

No..no..no....Hereford or Worcester..much better location!

Back