I want one of these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat her indoors in front of the computer and ran the vid
I sat down and composed a letter to Santa. Do you think
it might work guys???.
Willy

Superficially at least it looks like a useful piece of kit. However, every time you want to use a different function you have to remove the powertool, and maybe change the set up which would be a real pita when trying to make repeatable cuts.

Of course, if you have room for 2 or 3 of them .....

Hi. Mark

I thought that too.

All the disadvantages of a hand held power tool in an expensive machine.

I don't want one.

Pete

woodstainwilly":15e1cl37 said:
Superficially at least it looks like a useful piece of kit. However, every time you want to use a different function you have to remove the powertool, and maybe change the set up which would be a real pita when trying to make repeatable cuts.
I initially thought that myself but after reading on the Lumberjacks forum i believe that once you have the power tool in the necessary jig attachment its a case of removing one bolt and swapping over jig. Bit like changing saw blade.
Early days but from what ive seen on the net its THE DOGS pineapples expensive mind.

I want one lol

I think I will stick with the router bracket on my radial arm saw for router work like that - what I cannot do on the RAS can be done on the woodrat.

Looks like a pita to me too. Changing tools and a very large foot print. Maybe ok for a hobbyist without the room for dedicated tools.

£3500 is far to much considering you have to then use existing tools or buy more tools to use with it. For what it is I would expect £500-750 max.

Remember the Australian Triton?
Very good when they were first introduced.
Now you are lucky if you can get the thing assembled. They call it progress!

This machine looks to be the Canine's Testes, but what's the betting you have to buy separate attachments to take all the various tools; router; saw; drill etc. I wonder if you might even have to buy different attaching 'plates' to suit particular makes of tools.

In any case, it looks like it would take up half the length and width of my shop! :)

Yes, I'd like one, but.... Over three grand? :-k
John :)

Ingenious idea but not for me as a hobby woodworker.
Don't look at the machine; watch the machine operator and ask yourself how much fun he's having. I wouldn't get any satisfaction from being the extra motive power for a machine. All the enjoyable 'workmanship of risk,' as Chris Pye would call it, has been eliminated.

AndyT":7wrgqw57 said:
Ingenious idea but not for me as a hobby woodworker.
Don't look at the machine; watch the machine operator and ask yourself how much fun he's having. I wouldn't get any satisfaction from being the extra motive power for a machine. All the enjoyable 'workmanship of risk,' as Chris Pye would call it, has been eliminated.

A good point!

I've just shelled out for a ton of Triton gear that took yonks to save for, if only if I could have waited another 30 years to save for this :(

MrA":3pgtyh78 said:
I've just shelled out for a ton of Triton gear that took yonks to save for, if only if I could have waited another 30 years to save for this :(

I bought a replacement Triton 2000 for my old Mk 3.
I am glad I hung onto the old one. I can't get the framework of the new one to go together. The guide rails or the bottom rails appear to be twisted. Couldn't even get a sash clamp to close them together, to get the bolts in. The captive nuts in the aluminium runners are a real fiddle to keep in place too. A real PITB.

Most disappointed. :?

I suppose I will manage it eventually, but it looks like it has to go together all loose and floppy first! Then tighten up later. I just hope the framework won't end up in 'winding'.

John :(

Back