I think I've been in denial! WARNING! Gloat alert!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Its no good, today has made me realise just how bad I've got it, slopeitis that is! Otherwise known as WakaPhilly Disease :oops:

I am in the process of rejigging my W/S big time and have been clearing out all the nooks and crannies. To my astonishment, everywhere I looked I kept finding spokeshaves, spokeshaves and yet more spokeshaves. Now if you had asked me how many I'd got I would have said 'about a dozen'.

Turns out it is nearer 50! To my shame I guess this makes me a c*******r :roll: How can I live with this? Will people still talk to me? Can I get treatment? (Apart from giving them all away to forum members that is!)

My missus has suggested that I take up housework but that seems a bit drastic.

Regards
Martin
shaves.jpg

Edited by Philly to make photo link work correctly

Martin
I'm afraid it is too late for you. But on the up side, at least you're not alone! :lol:
I'm proud of you,
Philly :D

Cripes; and I thought I had spokeshaveitus pretty bad. :shock: Mind you I keep mine carefully dotted about all over the place, ostensibly to stop them breeeding, but really so no-one can see the full horror of my illness...

Hey, cheer up, that stringing router doen't count as a spokeshave anyway, or that ovolo jobbie (name escapes me). :wink: Pah, hardly any shaves at all really. :whistle:

Of course the big question is - do you use them?!

Cheers, Alf

Of course you could bring them to Phillys and force everyone to take at least one home with them :twisted: :wink:

Gosh, Dave, what a good idea. :idea: I don't mind the stigma of hiding, er, housing another shave - not for a friend. :D

Cheers, Alf

Martin":r6xa3yhg said:
Its no good, today has made me realise just how bad I've got it, slopeitis that is! Otherwise known as WakaPhilly Disease

Don't bring me into it, I'm nearly tooless.

I note that you've only got the nerve to bring out the spokeshaves, are you sure there's not loads more planes you'd like to share with the forum.

Pic's of the refurbed shop would be good.

Alf wrote:
ostensibly to stop them breeeding
....assuming here then Alf, that spokeshaves is almost as bad as wire coathangers then.....I wonder then, if you put two Norris's in a dark cupbaord what you would find after a few months :-k :-k :whistle: ....would sure be one way to combat the slope..... - Rob

mahking51":3tla8aj7 said:
(Apart from giving them all away to forum members that is!)

Hmmm.......think how many pushes down the "slope" that equates to. :twisted:

Mark

Tony
I mainly use the LN's and the Prestons; I like the smaller shaves most of all. I generally try to sharpen them when I get them and try them out but not always. :oops: :oops:
Seems that I just can't resist them, there are several more on the way!
Regards
Martin

Now that spounds like a real problem :wink: therapy as above: take them to phillys and hand out to forum members and then repeat to yourself "I will not buy any more spokeshaves, i will not buy any more spoke shaves, I......"

Back