I know its childish but

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
C'mon , what did you get :lol:
I got a hand carved Budda from India :D Great pressie for me :D

A wooden puzzle of the kids next door and a Bosch Li-lon screwdriver of the wife

Merry christmas everybody

Andy & Deb

i got a lurverly chunk of cocobolo, i ordered it wife wrapped it. Its so nice i think i might just hang it on the wall as is :D way heavier and harder than anything i have ever had before. I'm in over my head with this, hope i can do it justice

Tom

LN Heaven!
98/99 side rebates
Small chisel plane
40 1/2 Scrub
New small router plane.

Eating cornflakes for Xmas dinner though....

Martin

mahking51":n8kzq2va said:
LN Heaven!
98/99 side rebates
Small chisel plane
40 1/2 Scrub
New small router plane.

Martin

No good gloating without the pic's, it doesn't count.

Makita table saw (actually very handy as I often want to use one on site).
Set of bevel chisels with hornbeam handles.
Stanley No. 92 shoulder plane.
Great quantity of shaving creams etc. from Trumper's.
Email invitation from a pleasant Romanian to increase my proportions.
Email invitation from a pleasant Russian to look at smutty photographs.
25 bags for workshop vacuum (joke present... I hope).
Book of '100 projects with MDF' from my auntie Marie.
Week's fishing in Ireland from Mrs. Stoat.

Waka":rx1mhm0q said:
mahking51":rx1mhm0q said:
LN Heaven!
98/99 side rebates
Small chisel plane
40 1/2 Scrub
New small router plane.

Martin

No good gloating without the pic's, it doesn't count.

istockphoto_205197_breakfast.jpg

That better :wink:

1 altendorf circ saw :lol:
2 cnc controlled lathe :lol:
3 4 head planer thicknesser +profiler :lol:
4 and a larger workshop to house it all :lol:

and then the alarm clock went off and it was back to reality :(

woke up to open an envelope with money in {as im difficult to buy for }
some new jumpers , socks , pants ,
also got some tooling for my metalwork lathe

ho ho ho
merry xmas
mel

A half day raid on the DeWalt Factory outlet plus I got to spend the afternoon in a little pub on the top of England with a roaring fire and great company!

Aaaahhhhh ......... that's nice

I got the full set of D.C. dvd's to help me down the slope,
Its a pleasure to share my lounge on Christmas day with him but only for a short while before the family arrived as I am the only woodnut

Shmbo reckons if David had white hair he would make a great Santa
:ho2
Nigel

My pressies had a ... erm ... David Charlesworth theme -

Furniture Making Techniques v1/2 :) plus
Hand Tool Techniques videos part 1/2 ( - if you don't mind buying VHS videos instead of DVDs, Axminster have these on offer
here ) :)

I also smuggled in a LN 60 1/2 block plane - gorgeous! :D

Not a sock or tie to be seen this year - SWMBO thinks I've gone mad!

Just need some wood to practise on.

Cheers

Les

On the woodworking front, I received a Hitachi D10VC2 drill and a copy of "Wood Identification and Use," by Terry Porter. I've only had time for a brief flick through, from which it looks like a well produced book, with some very nice photography.

I intend to use the drill mostly for power sanding bowls on the lathe, it seems to be the only lightweight drill on the market with pre-selectable variable speed. I've actually had it a couple of days now and after trying it out I can say it seems to do the business, but it's made some weird noises and the keyless chuck is a two-ring type with no spindle lock so it's difficult to get a suitable firm grip on round shanked bits.

Other than that, there was some booze, enough chocolate to nullify a couple of months' efforts at the gym, and a TurboTorch will hopefully be on the way soon :)

Merry Christmas

Neil

Woodwork-wise, I scored an Aiptek 12000 tablet (for designing scroll saw patterns on computer) and a Bosch detail sander.

More importantly, His Lordship agreed that in the coming year we should visit the local dogs home for another alsation puppy, and Crufts to contact chihuahua breeders.

icon_dog037.gif
5.gif

Gill

Well I have spent a good part of the day playing with a Jet wet grinder, in the shop :D I now have some very sharpe planes and chisels.
Another son and my dad are visiting tomorrow, will probably have to demo it as they both have a good selection of somewhat blunt tools. :roll:
I have a pair of dovetail gauges (veritas) and some tramels from axminster, to help me on the descent of the hand tool slope. 8)

There is a set of wooden puzzles, I should be OK with these as it says 7+ years on the box so no rush to get them back together. :wink:

Non wood related, Inside Out, a personal history of Pink Floyd, Written and Read By Nick Mason, looking forward to listening to this, probably in the car instead of Chris Evans, I still miss Johnny Walker, must be an age thing. :whistle:

DaveL":33lx74jm said:
Non wood related, Inside Out, a personal history of Pink Floyd, Written and Read By Nick Mason, looking forward to listening to this, probably in the car instead of Chris Evans, I still miss Johnny Walker, must be an age thing. :whistle:

As a fellow Floyd fan I think that sounds great, although to be fair, sticking forks in your ears is generally preferable to listening to Chris Evans... :wink:

My haul included a 1000/6000 Ice Bear waterstone and some assorted odds and ends including a set of sushi knives and a year's membership to the England Rugby Supporters Club. :)

Back