I fancied doing some model engineering after nearly 60 years.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Bodger

Reaction score
This little steam engine came as a kit of castings and materials. Having the spare cash for machines was a Covid benefit (nothing spent on holidays). It’s made a pleasant change from wood dust and I’ve had to relearn skills I never had.
BF66B514-DED6-4B36-B63B-9B29371AE071.jpeg
BF66B514-DED6-4B36-B63B-9B29371AE071.jpeg

Looks like a really nice job. Well done.
Do you have pics of WIP.
Did you do the machining with just a lathe or do you also have a mill ?
What lathe did you use ?
I have always enjoyed building model steam.

Looks great. How are you producing the steam ? (or are you running it on compressed air?)

I’m only running on compressed air at the moment. I posted a video of it running on my introductory post. I have the parts for a boiler but keep putting off starting it. I have an ML7 and an early Warco Mill ( almost identical to the one that Sploo wrote his post about, although mine has already had the mods he was fitting and is kitted out with DRO. Sadly on Tuesday I heard some splintering sounds on it stopped, like the Grandfather clock in the song. I found that the motor commutator had lost two segments and sheared the brushes. A new motor is in its way from China, due in a week or so.

I’m taking a week off but will be back in one of my workshops ( I have two plus the garage) after that.

Back