I Altendorf a clue...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansonread

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey looking at getting a new panel saw and having found a particularly good deal on a second hand Altendorf W80 and wondering if anyone had any experience with the brand/actual model saw?

It has a motorised rip fence which seems to be a big factor to its price does anyone have any experience of such a luxury and is it really worth it?

If not anyone recommend a Sliding table panel saw? Must have option of 3.6m slide on it.

Cheers guys.

how good a deal is it?

never used an altendorf, but would like to try one, to see if I should start saving.

currently using a wadkin cp32, which was definitely a bargain at 1k

10k. Machine is in extremely good nick, and only 15 months out of the factory. Being sold as company has gone melons up.

doesn't sound like a total bargain, but if in good nick, a good deal. not sure how much the computer thingey goes for.

If it's that one on eBay it's also being advertised elsewhere for £20k for the saw plus all the other equipment. No idea if it is any good.
Andy

SurreyHills":6j4piw94 said:
If it's that one on eBay it's also being advertised elsewhere for £20k for the saw plus all the other equipment. No idea if it is any good.
Andy

Where else is it being advertised out of interest, 20k is a good deal for what's in that package, depending on its condition. Im seriously contemplating it...

Hi, I haven't used the wa80 but have used the f45 with the digital fence a lot. It's a really great saw and the digital fence makes a massive difference in accuracy and speed. It's well worth the extra. We currently have a wadkin cp32 and can't wait to upgrade it to one with a motorised fence. We had a good look at saws at w12 and the fielders really looked good for the money. Axminster also do a nice digital saw which seems a good price. If you buy new you can get 100% tax relief too.

Sorry it was £22.5k - on Gumtree. If you are keen I would phone and make an offer as this way the seller won't have to pay 10% to eBay and you could use this to negotiate a discount.

I have a WA80.
Great machine, I paid just over £6000 plus vat for a 2006 model with a 3.2m bed. Very accurate, very simple.

dsc0307v.jpg

I had an F45 (I think that was the model, it was the non-computer one anyway) in my fabrication shop some years ago. Used it for cutting composite door slabs mainly. It was an awesome machine. IIRC, in 2001 it cost me in the region of £14,000.

No, I had a look, some good gear but it isn't worth £22,500 in my opinion. I think it's been removed because it wasn't going to make this figure.

ahh ok, I was winning on ebay and thought you had snatched it from under me. I still have an offer on a w80 but looking what's out there I think its a little on the high side in terms of price.

Do you know why there selling it? are they desperate?

Im in a quandary at the moment, I have a urge to spend money, and not sure weather to upgrade the have currently to something like this http://www.format-4.co.uk/gb-en/product ... ideos.html or to upgrade all the standard tools throughout the workshop.

Its all going CNC, even all the painted MDF stuff I do curently still gets all the holes and slots done on my current machine but i still have to size the board on the panel saw before it gets the computer treatment as it has a reduced size bed.

Whats your opinion? Get the bigger CNC and become a more proficient cad monkey? Even dare I say it a bigger edge bander and get friendly with MFC? Can I justify not to? I mean look at that video, if that were a painted MDF unit, all the parts are cut and ready for assembly in 9 mins, say 20 mins to stick it in glue and then off to the spray shop? you could have a whole kitchen, doors draws the works, done and painted in less than a day?

Urgh. Is it possible to have a mid-life crisis at 25?

In case anyone is interested the Altendorf saw that was part of a job lot on eBay which was withdrawn has been relisted separately at a starting bid of £10,100. The other items are also listed separately.

Back