HVLP Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardTarget

Reaction score
I have never used a HVLP system, but recently I had the chance to purchase a second hand Fuji Pro 3. I now want to use the system on a few jobs at home. I then decided I would buy the number 3 aircap and the others when needed. The problem is there seems to be an updated spraygun (not sure of the model name) and I do not know if the aircaps are compatible with mine?

If not should I cut my losses and buy the newer model, rather than trying to source older parts, plus the newer model might have features the older does not have? If anyone has used both I would appreciate any advice :) I have posted some images as I'm still not sure what model spraygun I have (no manual)? One last question I noticed that there is a number 4 system, is there any difference in what one can do over the other? I want to finish with gloss paint (Doors, Skirts, Arcs) and also polyurethane on another job I hope the fuji 3 can handle both?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 776
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 776
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 776
Jimmy, it looks like you've got an older XT gun there. The newer XPC guns have fan a fan control knob (like 'proper' sprayguns), allowing you to control the width of the spray pattern.
You can still do this on your gun. To do so, adjust the aircap collar (the aircap is retained by a spring, pushing it tight to the collar).
Give Axminster a ring. They'll be able to sort you out with needle/nozzle/aircaps for the XT. I recently had cause to buy some parts, which they ordered from Canada and arrived to me within 2 weeks. Amazing service.

If I were you, I'd give it a try. You've got nothing to lose.

That gun looks well cared for.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Adam
P.S follow the white rabbit.....http://www.fujispray.com/fuji_manual_sept_2008.pdf
http://www.fujispray.com/

Latest posts

Back