Huge Mattress (Thinking of making a bed)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fecn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get mattresses bigger than Superking 6'x6'6" size, and if so, where from. I'm sure I've stayed in hotels with bigger beds, but can't find anything bigger than superking with google.

Cheers, Fecn

ByronBlack":295ev11f said:
Are you planning on bringing your celebrity helpers in from the cold jim? :)

Yeah.. I think it's about time I let the celebrities back in. - There was a frost last night.

I just went along to our local bed shop when building the boat with my strange sizes and they just said they will cost you XXX pay now and you can have them next week. They told me it is a standard service from most manufacturers.

We order odd sizes for ships regularly. It's not a problem to get them made up. I think Blindcraft do a lot of ours.

Just a small point Fecn,

Don't forget if you get a custom size mattress, you will also have to source customs size bedding - duvet, sheets etc.

Could work out costly I suspect.

Regards

Gary

At 4am this morning (don't ask) the above occurred to me. Custom sized duvets and covers?

Big beds in Europe are often one bed frame with 2 mattresses liked by a pad -Ikea do this here, then each sleeper can have a firmness according to their weight. They do all the bits separately so you could use their springing in your frame. I think Ikea bedding (duvets/linnen etc) is of continental size, may be worth a look if there's one near you.

ikea do bed up to 180cm wide by 200cm deep. You can get mattresses from them to fit that. From experience their big doubles use two mattresses side by side with a central bearer on the frame. Their over mattress pad is single piece and covers the join.

Tempur, the original memory foam matress manufacturer, will make a matress to any size you want. I advise you to have a stiff drink and be sitting down when you get the price though :shock: . Ours is the comfiest matress I've ever slept on but the price still send shivers down my spine.

Rich

Latest posts

Back