How to square up?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signal, do you mean to build one of those squaring blocks to suit each frame you make. Does it work with panelling?

I use something alot simpler for squaring. A wooden right angle triangle with two opposing notches cut out on the longest side. A further small notch is cut on the right angle corner in case of glue squeeze out. Maybe best to find a picture.
The two main notches are used for affixing clamps, one to each side of the carcass. Providing the triangle is square and the components are equal lenght all should be ok.

Rgds

Noel

CYC":34z8tlh6 said:
So use a long cramp accross the diagonal or hit it with a big fat mallet!

CYC

It's simple really.... measure across the diagonals as accurately as you can. Compare the two measurements. Assuming that the piece CAN be pulled square, a clamp applied across the longer of the two diagonals and tighten enough to close a little more than half of the difference between the two diagonal measurements. Re-check once you tighten your other clamps enough to cause a little glue squeeze out and repeat if necessary.

CYC yes I have a 3 sets of four, one for each corner.

Each set is for a different thicknesses of sheet material
i.e. 6, 12 and 18mm stock, and no you can only really
use them for carcases.

Signal

Hi sig the saw was replaced so i upgraded to the better clarke 10" saw wow it runs alot smoother than the old one :D its a pity they fitted a cheap blade ?but i had a 60 tooth ,so i fitted that .ps the kitchen doors are nearly all done (its turning into myth and legend) :shock: ,and the chest of drawers is coming along fine,

frank

Frank,

cool, glad your back in there making some dust :wink:

I await pictures of the doors and chest with great expectation :lol:

Cheers

Signal

Latest posts

Back