How to set up own woodworking website???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wcndave":3scr1iv0 said:
There are about five ads above ;-)

Bit of genuine competition never hurt the free market! Still seems like an oligopoly to me though. :eek: Fifty is more like it.

Googles ‘oligopoly’.....

MIGNAL":hbyebseu said:
wcndave":hbyebseu said:
There are about five ads above ;-)

Bit of genuine competition never hurt the free market! Still seems like an oligopoly to me though. :eek: Fifty is more like it.

Hudson Carpentry":42arf3eq said:
I once got a snotty email from a women that was so appalled that my (still) unfinished website advertising my website services had typeos and that she would never use a company that made a spelling mistake on there own site.

It was quite a nasty email.

Anyhow I sent a really snotty email back shoving all my experience and knowledge in her face. Told her that she was a narrow minded women and just because someone made a spelling mistake isn't a good reason to have a go or judge there professional skills. I Pointed her in the direction of some testimonials and gave her the stats on how many websites I had built (rough stats) and how much some of the larger projects are worth that I had undertaken, how many repeat customers I have and how young I was when I got my first computer qualification (13 - youngest in england at time). I also explained that even though im dyslexic I still have an IQ of 118 and judging someone by a website thats obviously not complete is a terrible character floor and that all my finished worked is proof read by client and someone else I know.

She couldn't apologise enough but doubt she meant it.

I'm missing your point, she insulted you, you wasted a lot of time compiling a reply, she apologised but didn't mean it.
Wouldn't it be best to just ignore her email?

We own a haulage and overseas removals company, and as the majority of our customers are the general public the website is paramount to our business, especially as there are so many competitors now. We also feature in the top listings for specific searches on Google and Yahoo as this is our main form of advertising. Since the new website was finalised last year, we've seen a noticeable rise in the number of enquiries from new customers.
Going back to the original post, I think it largely depends on his ability to design the website, as well as the intended purpose - personal or business, not forgetting that the design should reflect the standard of work if it is to advertise his profession.

Mark

doctor Bob":d486d0sv said:
Hudson Carpentry":d486d0sv said:
I once got a snotty email from a women that was so appalled that my (still) unfinished website advertising my website services had typeos and that she would never use a company that made a spelling mistake on there own site.

It was quite a nasty email.

Anyhow I sent a really snotty email back shoving all my experience and knowledge in her face. Told her that she was a narrow minded women and just because someone made a spelling mistake isn't a good reason to have a go or judge there professional skills. I Pointed her in the direction of some testimonials and gave her the stats on how many websites I had built (rough stats) and how much some of the larger projects are worth that I had undertaken, how many repeat customers I have and how young I was when I got my first computer qualification (13 - youngest in england at time). I also explained that even though im dyslexic I still have an IQ of 118 and judging someone by a website thats obviously not complete is a terrible character floor and that all my finished worked is proof read by client and someone else I know.

She couldn't apologise enough but doubt she meant it.

I'm missing your point, she insulted you, you wasted a lot of time compiling a reply, she apologised but didn't mean it.
Wouldn't it be best to just ignore her email?

No point in my post other then small talk as the quoted comment reminded me of the story. I know Rodger's comment was in jest.
The point to me emailing the woman back was to educate an ignorant woman. I am naturally sensitive to people assuming because my spelling and reading is quite bad and that im dyslexic, that im "thick" or not that educated myself.

We all have something that gets to us and makes us "bite" every time. Mine is that.

Back