How NOT to use a router...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Just watched this video on youtube, it's worth a watch as it shows just about everything you shouldn't do when using a router. It's quite scary though that people actually work like this :shock:

I think it's the first time I've ever seen anyone exhale saw dust. It's okay though as he's wearing his safety glasses :norm: and gloves :lol: :roll:

:shock: What the, at first I though he was smoking, but he was exhaling saw dust :roll: ](*,) This has be done deliberately like a laurel and hardy movie, doesn't it?

Holy ****!!! I think we need to leave a few comments for him about the dangers of inhaling sawdust. We might just extend his life.

tnimble":1wy53sgo said:
:shock: What the, at first I though he was smoking, but he was exhaling saw dust :roll: ](*,) This has be done deliberately like a laurel and hardy movie, doesn't it?

Because of the gloves and coat I think the shop is unheated and what we see is his breath. #-o

As for the work he's does.....well.....is that Darwin knocking? (homer)

The TV helped spread the interest in hobby woodworking. :norm: Youtube may start a new trend of home workshop medicine. "Honey! can you come in here and hold my hand in place while I suture it back on?"

I think exhaling the dust was the least of his worries, did you see his tricks with the router, that double somersault, comical if it wasn't so dangerous. God help those new to woodwork, who think "so that's the way to do it"

He is is wearing gloves and clearly the beard is acting as a 1 micron filter.

Watch close and you can see he is bowing the dust out......jeeez.. His other videos are as bad

Indeed with the jugling the router like he does he could one day route a dado in his belly of chest :shock:

Besides some vapor he clearly inhales and exhales saw dust. Just look when the saw dust sprays on his should, than his chest and his face and his beard fills up with dust.

Just watched his raised panel door thingy. Or at least about half of it .

Cross cutting the styles to length while having not that much control over the hand held circular saw.

Having to reach over because you didn't had your push block ready whilst being in the middle of ripping small stock which lift up from the table.

Not having your table saw (or apparently anything) connected to the dust collector.

Routing very narrow stock on the table without feather boards of push blocks.

Having the table saw moving around the shop while ripping a too long panel without outfeed rolerstand of outfeed extension table,

Again cross cutting by hand without good control over the workpiece

What can you say to that :tongue9: :tongue9:

I also watched some of the raised panel door one :shock: hell fire.

Did anyone see that the raised panel one had been given five stars [-X [-X
Someone is having a laugh with that one.

I also watched his raised panel door video. This guy is the woodworking equivalent to the "wannabe" tone deaf singers that are convinced they can win the "X" Factor. If I didn't know how to make a raised panel door I certainly wouldn't have a clue after watching the video.

Back