How much have people's work shops cost?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

It seems possible that I will be moving house before too long and none of the houses on the market have suitable outbuildings for use as a workshop. So with this in mind, would those of you who have built your own workshops from scratch mind telling me how much it cost, along with the style and approximate size of your shop?
It would really help to know realistically what sort of money I ought to be looking at.

Cheers!

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/new- ... t=workshop

16m * 6m workshop built by another member.

it was £7200 for the kit, the doors bumped up the cost. The main doors were about 600ish each, one of which is electric which was a bit more. The personnel door was a bit of a shocker at £600 I was assured that I would be impressed with its construction - which I can now see where the cost comes from - 9 mortices more like a safe door!!
16 cubic meters of concrete was about £1500/1600 ish and the pipes were about £300 - rebar came to just over £100 and 20tons ish of hardcore was about £300 - all in about £9500.

Bkn":2wvs6hii said:
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/new-workshop-t36257.html?highlight=workshop

16m * 6m workshop built by another member.

it was £7200 for the kit, the doors bumped up the cost. The main doors were about 600ish each, one of which is electric which was a bit more. The personnel door was a bit of a shocker at £600 I was assured that I would be impressed with its construction - which I can now see where the cost comes from - 9 mortices more like a safe door!!
16 cubic meters of concrete was about £1500/1600 ish and the pipes were about £300 - rebar came to just over £100 and 20tons ish of hardcore was about £300 - all in about £9500.

I don't think you'd get that past the planners anywhere remotely urban.

Mine is in a conservation area - 7.5mx4m and comes in at around £5k, but I'm done\made everything, bar the concrete. That was premix and pumped in.

roof_finished_2.jpg

HIH

Dibs

Well it was about five years ago now but I built a large summer house/workshop of 24' x 13' with double glazed windows inc the electrics and a burglar alarm and it cost me £2,200 back then. I built everything including the windows and doors. There was already a good electric supply to an old shed that I tore down so just installed everything inside. HTH. :wink: Oh It has just cost me another £300 to cover the roof with asphalt shingles. (The shed felt has lasted about five years so can't complain.) :D

Mine was built three years ago, 16ft by 8ft, all timber, floor 18mm RSB boards on studding on concrete blocks.
Four days to erect, me and the wife, £700.

Roy.

Back