How does this work?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smudger":1zh8z6un said:
Anyone got any ideas how thisactually works?

how does what work ? - that link goes to the french log in page for lidl - i presume that you arent asking about that ( if you are , the answer is it searches the website for products , but in french :D )

Do you mean the store lookup postcode dodah wotsit(techie term)? If so the form is sent to the host's server which, I guess, queries a database and returns the results to your browser?

This is it:
Picture3-2.png

It isn't the French - it's what it does. There doesn't seem to be any window to show distance, how does it help measure a bit of bois?

Because it's shooting out a laser beam. You level it up using the little feet and the spirit level on the top, then zap out a laser beam - why? You've already got a measuring tape, so if there's a readout somewhere - where is it and how would that work anyway?

You use it to set a level line or mark on a wall

I suppose that's it, but they are advertising it as a tape measure, the only mention of a level is the spirit one on the top. Maybe it's just Lidl being Lidl.

Looks a bit useless to me. Your only reference would be that tiny bubble on top.

Yup its a combo jobby. The feet and bubble are so you can level it to get a straight vertical/horizontal projection on a wall, nowt to do with the actual tape side of things I don't think. :?

Though thinking about it I can't see how the horizontal beam would be of much use, unless the base it's on is at the height you want? :?

I've never fully understood how to use these. But I can see what Studders is saying. The beam would be off set from the base and to you couldn't reference of the base, unless it's marked with the precise off set measurement.

Maybe someone who uses these things can help. I can sort of see it's usefulness to have combined with a tape measure. The sort of thing useful for hanging pictures etc

Measure up or down to a required height using the tape. Set the beam to your mark use the feet and bubble to ensure its level and "viola" a level datum visible for around a foot. Got a Draper one for xmas few years back.
Always use my Stabila and a pencil :lol:

Back