How do you like yours?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heatherw":2ka7nczj said:
but I think avocado is delicious, properly ripened, there are different kinds which taste completely different, and my favourite way of eating them is just split in half with a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. The ones you get in the UK aren't usually very good, so maybe you haven't tasated a proper one. Or maybe it's just one of those things, my brother has the same problem with parsnips.

It's avocado season here now. 1.50€ per kilo. And they're even good for you! :D

MMMMMMMMMMM, Avacado and a sprinkle of salt with a touch of balsamic vinegar, mmmmmmmmmmm. Lovely in a crusty white sandwich with crispy bacon, tomato and mayonnaise, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

A good strong cheddar and pate with lashings of English mustard... mmmmm

Granary bread, cheese or ham (doesn't matter which) sliced tom, cos lettuce leaves.... and here's the twist.... a thin spread of peanut butter :shock: my missus introduced me to it when we first met and i was horrified... :tongue9: but believe me... it is DEEE LISHH =D>

Another fave is one i saw as a teenager on (says it VERY quietly...) Jim'll Fix It.... there was a young lad on there that wanted to order a sandwich, in the Ritz i think it was.... sausage and marmalade... OH MY GOD...!!! Well.... i had to try it too... they are just sooo flipping lovely its unbelievable.... sounds disgusting, but think about it, its no different to having a sweet & sour from the Chinese take-away.

And lastly.... is it just me... but do bacon samich's and cheese on toast taste better on white bread than on healthy brown bread..?

Loving all the suggestions and preferences....

Nick

left over from sunday roast, so Monday - Roast lamb with a touch of mint sauce. =P~

Favorite - BLC French stick. :eek:ccasion5:

We have a few chickens, so a boiled egg sarnie, salt, black pepper.on fresh bread, from the Rayburn. followed by,
Salad an' cheese and a touch of pickle.
And this time of the year, a flask of hot Bovril for a chaser.
And for Afters, Banana and brown sugar sarnie.
Regards Rodders

Mmm, yes blackrodd, I forgot about the fried egg sandwich, with lettuce and mayonnaise and black pepper. (We have chickens too.)

My misses makes my luch so what ever in the fridge, normally 2 sarnys, fruit, 35p energy drink,
If I have pizza the night b4 I'll grab a slice for work.
If she's lazy the last nights dinner, pasta, shepards pie you name it that what I have on a plate with foil over it. (New plate)

But if I had my way. Id take a jacket potato, Tuna, cheese, coleslaw, red onion ect,

Then again you can't beat ham and mustard (English)
:)
Or if I'm hungover a £5 for a Greece burger
Ahh the good life
TT

Now the thread has moved on ....

As kids we used to discuss, ie argue about, the most disgusting combinations of food. What we had access to & ended up with either marmite or marmalade on fried bread, then both. Delicious.

After a hard mornings beating, that's flushing out pheasants for the guns, nothing better than half a cottage loaf, a hunk of cheese & a large raw onion ..... all cut with an unwashed pocket knife that was last used to castrate a boar. The shoot provided a botttle of beer to wash it down.

Oh & dripping sandwiches. Lovely

Back in the days when I was out on the road, as an (Industrial Electrical Engineer), this time of the year I very often had my favourite pack lunch.
You need a food vacuum flask, fill with two or three hot and shelled hard boiled eggs, and top up with hot baked beans, top nosh, with bread and butter, ah brings back memories.

Just don’t expect anyone to ascend a ladder/tower behind you. :-" :oops:

Take care.

Chris R.

A friend of mine got bored with his sandwiches & told his wife to be inventive & use her imagination. She did & the next day he got sugarpuffs on toast. He didn't complain again.

Robbo3":6ra0qkrb said:
Now the thread has moved on ....

As kids we used to discuss, ie argue about, the most disgusting combinations of food. What we had access to & ended up with either marmite or marmalade on fried bread, then both. Delicious.

After a hard mornings beating, that's flushing out pheasants for the guns, nothing better than half a cottage loaf, a hunk of cheese & a large raw onion ..... all cut with an unwashed pocket knife that was last used to castrate a boar. The shoot provided a botttle of beer to wash it down.

Oh & dripping sandwiches. Lovely
Oh Robbo,,how us ol"boys used to fight to give that ol"pocket knife a lick,

Has any one mentioned A cheese and rasberry jam sandwich Fresh, with crusty white bread, much tastier than it sounds!
Regards Rodders

Back