How do I get an avatar???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobytools

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know how to but every time i select a pic it says it's to big,and has to be a certain size so I make smaller and try again .still doesn't work! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know how to jpg a photo to post but this is far beyond my IT capabilities.
Please help
Thanks
TT

Hi TT
the rules are..
Maximum dimensions; width: 140 pixels, height: 140 pixels, file size: 8.93 KiB.
so you need to resize your pic to that or smaller.
If you 'save as' a .gif instead of a .jpg it will usually be a smaller byte size (the picture is made of fewer dots)
also if you reduce the quality % when saving the file, it will reduce in byte size too.
and if all else fails you can use an on-line web page type thing such as http://picasion.com/resize-image/
just browse to your pic, upload it, enter the required size and the image will then be resized and you then save it and then upload it here via you userCP.
simples!!
EDIT: or use this...http://picasion.com/create-avatar/ to work from any picture

Its usually the Kb size that's the size that is difficult to achieve and that makes it too big. clear backgrounds and fewer colours will result in a smaller file size.

Thanks nev,
I'll have a go tomorrow when I'm not so tired and could possible loose the plot and brake the computer :)
Thumbs up
TT

Also you have to master at least one thread on sharpening, and out post Jacob on the subject. Then start at least another ten threads on the subject and pontificate about it at all times. (hammer) :shock: :D

Dangermouse":asxilhxt said:
Also you have to master at least one thread on sharpening, and out post Jacob on the subject. Then start at least another ten threads on the subject and pontificate about it at all times. (hammer) :shock: :D

muttley01.gif

Back