how bigs your shop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 x 16 workshop (d/garage)
20 x 10 storage (s/garage)
20 x 10 storage (timber shed)
14 x 12 storage (plastic shed not yet erected :oops: )

12 x 10 outside covered car park area (for dusty / mucky stuff)

:? Looks loads on paper, never worked it out before :roll: but doesn't seem that much space in reality 'cos it's all full of junk (potential valuable resource materials if the missus asks) :lol:

Bob

workshop.jpg

BugBear

Shane":mk8oue4z said:
781 sq ft which looked big enough two years ago when I started on my own, but now seems a little on the small side, but it is just me so it's a matter of efficient use of space and keeping it tidy. I have a spray, machining, assembly, handtooling and storage area so it seems to work well. There is the option to move into a bigger unit on the industrial est if I so wish, but I'd rather keep my overheads down, I don't owe anybody anything and I wish to keep it that way :lol:

i know the feeling I have just over a 1000 sq ft in the main workshop and out grew that really quickly, I am lucky though in that my landlord let me have a bit of space elsewhere for timber storage at a really good rent.

The problem is I keep buying machines.

Tom

I had no idea how many retailers there were amongst the membership and then I realised it meant workshop...

9'6" x 23', more or less. Mainly less. Why do you wish to know?

12'x12' when I get it sorted, and the garden when it safe to use (kids at school).

Less than 18ft long by 10ft wide (it's a metric 5.4m x 3m inside). Walls are 7ft (2.1m) tall with just over 3ft above that to the pitch of the roof.

Mine's 60ft x 12ft - a really awkward space, ranging from 4' underground to completely underground ( it's a basement ) I run a de humidifier full time and am the proud owner of a big Numatic Wet and dry to vac out the water thet invariably seeps in when it p****s down - which does rather often up here........but it's cheap, cheap cheap :D :D :D

I also have a shipping container as storage across the road + storage & parking in the ginnell outside.

Chris.

Mine is still work in progress but.

5.5m x 5.5m for the workshop.

4.5m x 6m for the wood store.

Both are being set up slowly and by spring i should be able to forget setting up and work on the "making kindling" part.

I'm in process of renovating my shop. Overall its about 2800 sq feet over 5 rooms. I have almost finished doing the first two rooms and they are approx 700 feet and 280 feet. Just building a mezzanine with low roof of 140 feet in the second room. Also have another usable room of about 600 feet but I havent really started doing that yet . That will be for metal working, welding and the like. Also have a lean to attached which is probably 500 feet. That will need rebuilding at some point in the future and I will build walls and make it a separate annex for a sawmill . But thats in the future. I should be connecting up my underfloor heating next week for the 2 rooms that are done. Looking forward to see how good the effect will be.
the two other rooms I havent even contemplated renovating yet until I can get some cash flow coming in.
It still seems like I havent got enough space though. :wink:

Latest posts

Back