Hot?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies to anyone sweltering in offices, homes or workshops.

It is that cold in this office that our facilities people have just installed heaters into the conference rooms. :shock:

It is quite bizarre to have take ones jacket off when one leaves the office.

Andy

Yeah well just lend me a bit too.

Adam, oh not so far from Charlwood.

Ha ha...HVAC...why is that we never seem to get it quite right in this country?

The next time someone extols the virtues of a South facing flat :?

Andy,

Please thank your HVAC guys for contributing to global warming!

Seriously, am I the only one who gets teed off when walking into eg shops in winter with the doors wide open, blasting hot air into the street and so hot inside that one suffers heat stroke before being able to choose a pair of socks? Now in summer we have the reverse effect - all these things quite likely responsible for the unseasonable heat in the first place!

I seem to recall basic instrumentation courses and positive feedback loops and such stuff..

(Mind you, here I am running a 10 KW computer network in my house for the pleasure of communicating with some fellow WWs!)

waterhead37":w879oh17 said:
(Mind you, here I am running a 10 KW computer network in my house for the pleasure of communicating with some fellow WWs!)

Chris, how many times have I told you to get rid of that Univac :wink:

Roger,

It's the Fastrand drum that really eats up the current- the trusty 1101 keeps going with only a few sparks from the plugboard.. Yep, I really did use summat like that once!

Nowadays, having switched to a Mac a month ago I am rather leaner and cleaner. ( I won't mention the cinema display or the Parallels PC etc.)

:lol:

Just been on a course (pedagogy if you must know) the last two days in an air conditioned room. Back in the office today - 29.2C at 8.30am!!!!! (and it got hotter through the day :roll: )

I abslolutely love this weather (before 8.30am and after 6.00pm) and hope we see more of it - but when I am on holiday in August :wink:

Tony":3tcm5k90 said:
I abslolutely love this weather (before 8.30am and after 6.00pm) and hope we see more of it - but when I am on holiday in August :wink:

Here Here!

Aircon at work is currently set at 24 (which I find too hot)

But the workshop was 28 last night,and the living room,which faces west,topped 30 :shock:

Haven't been in the workshop much for the last week :(

Andrew

Ahh, the workshop is the only place I have found that is constantly bareable. The garage is part of the house and the walls are about 20" thick with insulation pumped into them (up-and-over door is blocked off and insulated too) and no windows - keeps (most) cold out in winter and heat out in summer. A lovely balmy 21 degrees in there yesterday :lol:

Another excuse to go and play :)

PowerTool":38fv3wer said:
Aircon at work is currently set at 24 (which I find too hot)

But the workshop was 28 last night,and the living room,which faces west,topped 30 :shock:

Haven't been in the workshop much for the last week :(

Andrew

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahhahaha. I wish. Our aircom seems a little inefficient, and never really gets to grips with the heat. It was definately 33 degress in this office a day or two ago.

Adam

I have been in the glorious sun all day so far. I note this while sunbathing in my garden.

Wow :D can I have some more please!

Some people get organised and take advantage of the sunny days and some don't :D :roll:

Cheers.

today in Italy there are 38 degrees,Wo ho! boy!dampness 80% the clothes are clingy :shock: in the night cannot to sleep.

good hot

Carmine

P.S.next saturday I will come to my land in SAlerno on the beach in the sea of amalfi coast to eat spaghetti with clams Caprese salad with buffalo milk chese mozzarella and then the warm don't catch.

Back