hopping mad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Click on the link below

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

The wife and I have twice been to court (and won) . As its a company you would be claiming against, the hearing (if it gets that far) will be heard in your local court, chances are CW won't even bother to attend, judgement will then be made in your favour. If you win (and I can't see how you could lose) you can claim costs.

Also, loads of free advice from here

http://swarblaw.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=14

Let us know if you need any further help.

Baldhead

EDIT - Not sure if you could claim for the case as it served its purpose :lol:

wizard":11icnunj said:
letter to watchdog
Bought my doro 810 phone from car phone warehouse after a week the keypad lost the letters on the outside, I left it about five months before returning to Camborne as I do not get out a lot. Car phone warehouse told me there warranty is for one month only, and said I had to send it back to doro. I asked what about my consumer rights and they said I have none with car phone warehouse.
i sent the phone back to doro and they repaired it, after a few days the keypad stopped working on the outer edges again. I sent it back and they sent me a second hand replacement. The replacement only lasted a few days and the keypad is faulty on one side. i phoned up doro and said i have searched the internet and this seems to be a problem with this phone and I would like a refund, the very abrupt reply was we never give refunds. the shop will do nothing and doro will do nothing. The phone cost me £100.00 the case £25.00 and the price of a spare battery. so much for consumer rights. now what can I do apart from bin the lot of it.

Your first written correspondence should be to the party responsible for making good which I think is almost certainly the retailer. I'd be surprised if any watchdog type organisation including citizens advice would do anything other than advise that as your first course of action. The problem with these things is that the process to get remedy is essentially a legal one and that requires a documented audit trail so responsibility can be assigned and of course proven. So, until this is documented and you have either a formal response (or no response) from "car've you up and stealyourhouse" then your case is weak. I've been through a number of legal processes myself so have a bit of a nose for these things. The tidier and more black and white your case is, the more likely the management of carjack and scarper will have to cowtow and just pay up. Right now, the "Borstal community workers scheme" are at the front line ie the muppets in the shop. They wouldn't know what a consumer right was if it walked up to them and poured itself down their hoody! But further up the chain of command, "Big Vern" will have at least a lawyer or two on payroll and they "just" might have an education. They will realise that any aggressive action on their part is futile (if your documented case is strong) and recommend to big balls that its cheaper for him to pay up than any other course of action. In that letter to their complaints dept or whoever they ask you to write to (check their website for who) I would be inclined to mention that if you don't get a sensible response by (insert appropriate date here) then your next course will be to discuss their incompetence with a watchdog, the newspapers and anybody else who will listen. It's also worth mentioning that a very famous wood working forum is positively outraged by their lamentable behaviour and if they don't cease and desist forthwith, a veritable army of chippys may descend on a yet to be disclosed branch of their's and completely box it in (with beautifully finished walnut and ash dovetails).

Stick that in their corporate pipes and smoke it....oh yeah!

phil.p":ovn1be2o said:
There's your answer, Wiz - if you get no joy with the phone, you can nail it to your roof as a shingle.

Thanks for that... now I have coffee in my lap instead of spraying it over my monitor :) What a brilliant reply =D>

As to the subject in question, I've had to do a fair bit of reading on procedure for small claims court and the only thing I would add to Eriks advice would be to make sure if you do go that route (and it's pretty straightforward to do so online) make sure you add in an added compensation claim for damages against all the time, phone calls and aggravation you have had to endure just to get the situation satisfactorily sorted as is your legal right.

You can also specify as part of the summons that they MUST attend (or send a representative) if you wish to actually go for a court hearing, which will also incur an added fee (make sure it's stated ALL costs will be paid by them), and you can also add an additional cost ON TOP of compensation for damages you are going to charge CW for your time off work to attend said hearing.

Basically any and all efforts, phone calls, time to write letters or emails, travel costs to CW shop (petrol, bus whatever), parking; EVERYTHING associated with this case, you should give it a cash value and bill them for it.

Not only do you want your £100 back, but the monetary value for all the rubbish that came with the phone.

Back