Home of Wood offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just had an email from them - free 8" clock blank, mechanism and hands with a mixed sack of blanks - £60 inc. carriage.
I've had two of their sacks, and they've been top class, and way better value than many other places, so if you're tempted now's a good time (poor pun :roll: :) ).

I got a mixed sack last week missed this offer but think i may grab another sack with the clock kit,

I had in my sack

SYCAMORE
YEW
OAK
SPALTED BEECH
BEECH
ASH

Nice selection of sizes as well.

Sycamore, cherry, oak, elm, beech. I had one piece of lime, which is dull (I've given it to a carver) but everything else was superb. Sycamore and beech sound boring but they weren't. The sycamore in particular was spectacular. They do say the contents will vary according to what they're processing at the the time. I had 14 blanks in the first and 12 in the second - the twelve were slightly larger, but there's a good mix of sizes. I priced up the largest five of the second sack somewhere else and they would have cost more than the twelve inc. carriage. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Hi Phil

I agree with you on the Sycamore, Its some of the best I've seen and very easy to turn.

I think its what you call rippled Sycamore.. Lovely patterns and markings in it,

Pat

i ordered some yesterday using the ebay code. not sure when it will be here- next few days i guess. £61, less 20% and with the free clock

well, my blanks have just turned up. A good mix of sizes, 16 blanks plus the free clock blank and kit. a mix containing ash, sycamore, oak, beech, elm, and one holme oak. There is one that is too big for my lathe- a 12" sycamore blank. This was my own fault for needing to buy immediately for the ebay discount, rather than to contact the seller.

All in all, I am very happy with the offer. worked out at just less than £3 a blank. If I can get some green blanks, by the time that I have turned these, it will be ready to use.

I follow them on twitter and they are always saying on their Tweets that they are helping turners turn more at affordable prices,

I have been to a few wood merchants and home of wood prices are just so good, Did any of you go to the open day last year ? I was down there the other week and asked if they was doing another one this year. They said they wasn't sure yet depends on the interest . I hope they do !

Ive just made a coffee table from some oak boards i got from there i will try and upload a picture of it .

Pat

Back