home made plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bugbear":8vodq23m said:
I saw this a while ago. Cool stuff. Good thick blade, adjustable fence, no depth stop...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-made-plane_W0Q ... dZViewItem

Not quite a Dalziel though.

BugBear

It's hard to see why Ian is wasting his time when there are beauties like that to be had at a very reasonable price :lol: What really amazes me is that at least two people were prepared to pay good money for it.

Quite "inventive" though. Guess it solved the issue of an integral fence...

Looks like a rabbeting plane with the fence cut away like that.

Take care, Mike

"origin unknown". Yeah, like anyone would own up to that one. :lol:
Definitely hit with an ugly-stick :wink:
Philly :D

I bet the blade dosent chatter with them 2 bolts and "frog" fixed to the handle, and it looks like it'll weigh a fair bit as well. And the fence/body unit is like a small RSJ I wonder if it flexe's at all?

mr spanton":37ukg62x said:
I bet the blade dosent chatter with them 2 bolts and "frog" fixed to the handle, and it looks like it'll weigh a fair bit as well. And the fence/body unit is like a small RSJ I wonder if it flexe's at all?

I have to say, in terms of functional return for design and manufacturing input, it look pretty damn effective.

Reminds me of some of Jake's stuff.

BugBear

How'd that get there !?

Thats one of my 'very best' !...... Somebody must have pinched it from shed, and now selling it on E-bay.

Deary me.

rapsod":1x3uci00 said:
It is probably russian. Only they can make this type of rubbish. :?
You say that but I'm with Bugbear , looks hideous but I have a suspicion that it might actually work quite well.
Cheers Mike.

Back